Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

Chronata

I love you guys!
Which is why I hate to disappoint you!

The reason that there are no new cards here...is because there are no new cards finished. :( :(

BUT...I hope to get back to working on this deck later this week! (after catching up the bazillions of other projects I am supposed to finish!)
I really really miss working on this deck...

And hopefully I will have a back design to show you Majecot!

There's only a few more to go!!!

Thanks for the kick in the rear!! :D

Eco74

I like it...

I mean I really really like it.

(And I´m picky so this HAS to be good. Which it most definately is! :eek:) )

Great theme, great depiction in the cards you´ve made sofar and the symbolism just jumps out at me when I look at them.

Really great work and I think you´ll find plenty of takers when the full set is done. (I may just be one of them if shipping to Europe can be arranged. *s*)

Chronata

Thank ye Eco! I'm glad you like them! I just hope that by the time I am done with the full set (which at the rate I'm going...might be awhile!) you will still want one!

Alas Majecot!...I don't have the card back to show you yet! Turns out that getting a perfect reversable image is a lot more trouble than I thought!

So instead I offer Another Card!

Yep that's right! Here is the fabled Wheel O' Fortune that I promised many posts back...

Actually, as some of you may already know, the Wheel is a very personal card for me. And when it came down to finally putting the paint to the image, I couldn't decide between two different ones.

I wanted to do something a little different, and yet I still wanted to have something that resembled the traditional RWS image...

(although I am hard pressed to tell ya at this point which of these images is actually "traditional")

Here is the first.
For those of you who saw the rough sketches...this is the one that got the most votes. I actually had thought at first that this was a really unique idea for the card...until I saw the Inner Child cards!
:)
Ah well...
What I love about this particular image is that I managed to hide 8 of the symbols that I liked from the RWS Wheel in my own version.

The lady in the card is Fortuna...Lady Luck herself.
The nature of the image might have been better suited to her sister aspect, Carnivale...but she said it was her tarot card...and her party, and there was no way I was going to leave her off THIS card.
Never argue with the Hostess!

Attachments

• mmwheelcarousel.jpg
    mmwheelcarousel.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 223

Chronata

Wheel Of Fortune ...Take Two

Here is the second image. I really like this one as well. It is very very similar to the first tarot cards I ever drew (when I was 10...and I had never yet actually seen a tarot deck!)

I like the images on the gaming wheel a lot. They remind me of an oracle set I created (hmmm..another oracle set based on these symbols? That's not a bad idea...)

Anyway...this is the trio of dieties that for me represents luck and fortune and the turning of the wheel...
Chronata... Oh Goddess of Perfect Timing is on the Left.
Fortuna is on the Right...
and Carnivale is positioned above the wheel.

When I make my first Limited Edition I am considering putting in both cards. Or I might just remove the title from this one (looks awkward anyway) and have this be an end or title card.

You guys let me know what you think!

Only 5 more left in the Majors! whoo hoo!

Attachments

• mmwheelfortune.jpg
    mmwheelfortune.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 213

September Pixie

Oh! I cannot wait until you are finished! They are beautiful!!!

This last one reminds me of 3 of cups for some reason. :)

TemperanceAngel

Chronata you are so, so talented :D :D :D I will definately be purchasing this deck when it's finished :)

Eco74

Both!

Definately both if it is at all possible.
Imagine the possibilities of different interpretations and getting not only one but Two wheels of fortune in a reading. *muses*

If one has to choose *mopes*...
Well, having a merry-go-round inside a ballroom is a very daring prospect, BUT a very luxurious one and one definately befitting the feel of the cards.
The actual wheel with many opportunities would be easier for one of the people arriving at the masque to take with them so that would make the card more personal..

But then the wheel is more of a life aspect than a person for me, so... I don't know.... *sniffles*

I'm so sticking with both cards since I just can not decide on just one.

Majecot

Oh I love them both Chronata.... cannot decide which one I like better ( good thing I shall be getting both ;) )

Ok, so I guess we shall have to wait for the card back...tehe

And you did a fantastic ATIII card as well... you have been a busy girl!!

lunakasha

Only five more to go....WOOO HOOOO!!!

Hey Chronie girl!!!

Wow.....these cards are both wonderful....I definitely think you should include both of them, as you said maybe one of them could be an extra, "mystery" card....to represent the unknown???
Not all decks have the extra card (Hanson-Roberts comes to mind) but I like it!!!! :D There is no way you could NOT use either one of these!!!

(BTW I vote for the first card--the carousel--to remain as the Wheel of Fortune, and the gaming wheel to be the extra, "mystery" card....game of chance, how perfect is that???)

I am so pleased to see more of these cards....and am getting VERY anxious for the day when I can actually hold these cards, love them, play with them.....your talent and vision are really extraordinary....thanks again for sharing your gifts with us!!!!

:D Luna