'Ancient' Italian - Lo Scarabeo - Card Back Designs

The Happy Squirrel

In trying to find out the different editions and boxes of this deck, I realized that there are different card back designs produced by LS.

Most seem to have the green white Art Nouveau swirly back. Then there is a white and red diamond pattern? The one I have (had) is a baroque, arabesques, elaborate red yellow and green swirls of leaves.

I would love to see other backs if there are any :)

The Happy Squirrel

How do I attach a pic?

jean bosco

How do I attach a pic?

When opening a new window for posting you got "manage Attachments" below. Klick it, then you can upload a pic. I think this only works when you got a subscription.

The Happy Squirrel

Here is back that I have (had)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 119

The Happy Squirrel

When opening a new window for posting you got "manage Attachments" below. Klick it, then you can upload a pic. I think this only works when you got a subscription.

Thanks Jean!

Le Fanu

oh wow! Never seen that back before and I have four different editions of the Ancient Italian! Which box do you have?

The Happy Squirrel

That green box I described in the other thread. Hold on.

The Happy Squirrel

Here it is

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4051905&postcount=8

I ordered this deck through a brick and mortar shop here locally. They are the sole distributor for US Games in the country. And somehow, Lo Scarabeo is in the picture too. Either as part of their US Games distribution rights, or they have a separate relationship with LS, I am not sure. It took weeks for it to arrive. So I am guessing, maybe, the back that I have is their newest edition?

Not sure.... Would love to investigate!

The Happy Squirrel

I am trading my deck with the kind of back you all seem to have :)

This back irritates me, and I am not really a card collector, so I am not to concerned about uniqueness.

This back seems too baroque for the Della Rocca design to me. Just sticks out like a sore thumb!

The Happy Squirrel

If we can compare the variety of card backs for this deck by LS that would be great :)