Slavic Deck Search

NightWing

I think it was Rusty Neon last year who asked about the existence of any Slavic tarot decks, that featured scenes (or characters, I guess) from Slavic folktales. I'd like to renew his question. Has anyone come across any tarot decks that are either of eastern Slavic origin or eastern Slavic inspiration, that focus on characters, or scenes from the folklores of Belarus, Ukraine, or Russia (not including the St. Petersburg or Egorov, which I know about, like, and have)?

I say "eastern Slavic" as opposed to "western Slavic", like Polish or Czech.

It would strike me as odd if there wasn't a deck out there somewhere that tapped into Slavic paganism; its spirits, goddesses, gods, and heroes, and the myths and legends that surround them. Such a deck might also highlight various holidays and customs that have evolved from that mythology. It would be great to get a deck titled in Cyrillic as well as Roman alphabets!

So, have you heard of one? Seen one? Have one?

baba-prague

We have some two dozen Russian decks, but I don't think any of them would really meet your requirements, though I'll be happy to look through them later this week and see if there's anything worth referring you to. One problem is that many of the decks currently produced in Russia seem to be rather pale imitations of Western decks - which is a great pity.

Our current Fairytale Tarot includes about eight Russian stories (classics like Sadko, Sivka Burka and Vassilisa - alternatively Vasilissa) but again, it isn't intended to be a deck that focuses on Slavic tales.

Of course I guess you've considered decks like the Russian Tarot of St Petersburg?

Sorry not to be of more help.

Umbrae

Tarot Swietlistej Drogi?