lost one card in deck

jujubee

I cannot find the 6 of cups in my Witches Tarot deck. I bought it so long ago I don't know if I can contact the manufacturer directly for just one card. Would do you do if you lose one (or a few) cards in a deck and need replacements?? Do you have to go and buy an entire new deck for it?

gregory

The only time this ever happened to me I wrote the publisher (Muller) and they sent me a card (and a FAB catalogue....) Depending which witches dcek, this might work (I don't know if it's in print or not; Tarotgarden would be the place to check). Failing that you could maybe scan one in from someone else's deck, print it on card and laminate it....

Tk2dsky

Hi Jujubee,
I have a witches tarot up for trade in the tarot trading forum. (The one by Ellen Cannon Reed...copyright 1989) If you are interested let me know.
B*B
Ericka

Imagemaker

When I lost my Chariot in the Victoria Regina deck, the publisher quickly sent me a free new one. It's worth asking.

LadyMedusa

Llewellyn and US Games have both sent me replacements. One deck had missing cards when I purchased it. The other was accidently damaged, I asked the cost of replacing it, and they offered it free of charge.

LadyMedusa

Little Baron

I have had this a few times. On two times, they turned up in unlikely places. The third time, I had a problem with a card and the publishers (BabaPrague - Karen and Alex) were extremely helpful - replacing the card and also throwing in a few others out of genuine thoughtfulness and concern. With that in mind, it is always a good idea to just ask. Even if you have had the deck for some time, many publishers can be very helpful.

LB

lunakasha

LadyMedusa said:
Llewellyn and US Games have both sent me replacements. One deck had missing cards when I purchased it. The other was accidently damaged, I asked the cost of replacing it, and they offered it free of charge.

LadyMedusa

Unfortunately, St. Martin's Press has not responded to my repeated requests for them to send me the THREE cards that were missing from my Sharman-Caselli deck. Their mistake, they should resolve it, IMO. Meanwhile I have a completely useless deck. :( Guess I'll be sticking with USG, Llewellyn and AGMueller from now on....

GoldenWolf

Add Inner Traditions (Wheel of Change Tarot) to the list of publishers who will replace missing cards at no charge. They were quick and very helpful about it too.

gregory

lunakasha said:
Unfortunately, St. Martin's Press has not responded to my repeated requests for them to send me the THREE cards that were missing from my Sharman-Caselli deck. Their mistake, they should resolve it, IMO. Meanwhile I have a completely useless deck. :( Guess I'll be sticking with USG, Llewellyn and AGMueller from now on....
I'm very surprised. How did you contact them - would phoning help ?

lunakasha

gregory said:
I'm very surprised. How did you contact them - would phoning help ?

Hmmm....I have not tried calling, no. I sent four emails and got no response, so then I wrote them a physical letter and mailed them the three extra cards and a stamped, self-addressed envelope for them to send me the missing cards. Still nothing....and I was hoping the SASE might *guilt* them into it!!!

Oh well....I can be pretty stubborn, and I am not ready to go out and buy another set just because the publisher screwed up, nor should I have to. Still, it is a beautiful deck....too bad I can't use it. :(