Can't decide!?

earth mama

I own 2 decks the Gilded and the Universal Waite. They are both beautiful and i love both of them especially the Gilded but i don't feel a real connection with either of them and am actually starting to get a little bored with them and feel it is time for something new. The ones i am tossing up between at the moment are the Hanson-Roberts, the Morgan Greer and the Whimsical ( I have a 2 year old son who would adore it). There are just so many beautiful and fascinating decks out there that i would love to get my hands on but i can't afford them all at once. Any opinions?

Genna

I love The Inner Child Cards,a very good Tarot deck too,especially with the new workbook.Just wondering if the large colorful pictures wouldn´t be even better for your son.My 2 cents.

Rhiamon

in my opinion, ya can't go wrong with the Hanson-Roberts...it's my favorite reading deck, and a smaller size is great. I don't have either of the other two, but they are both nice too...I say go grab one and try it out *wink*

okieinalaska

I also have the Hanson Roberts. maybe it's because it's the only deck I have had for many many years but I love it and feel very connected to it.

Someone has one up for trade (or sale) right now in the trading decks forum. I think it's still available. : )

Amy

Emily

HI earth mama,

The Morgan Greer is my favourite deck, its based on RWS symbolism but takes you further in learning colour associations, the colours of the Morgan Greer do add to the interpretations of the cards.

Also you'll find symbolism on the Morgan Greer thats not to be found on the RWS so your actually learning more than just straight RWS symbolism.

I'm not sure your son would like them though, its a masculine feeling deck, but as you say he would probably like the Whimsical. The Hanson Roberts is a nicely drawn deck too, but I've never really took to that one mainly because I always seem to get harsh readings with it, others seem to think this is a soft and fluffy deck - I don't.

Little Baron

I'd go for the Morgan Greer out of the suggestions. It's great for readings and also for mediative work, I would imagine. The colours are deep and sumptuous and there is no borders to interupt the cards flowing from one to another. I have had it for many years and it is still one that I come back to - for one good reason - it is reliable (and the images still do not bore me).

I have never been a Hanson-Roberts fan. I understand that it may be harsh with you Emily, but on the surface, the cute images are not my cup of tea - especially the squashed kids on the '6 of Cups' (I think I have got that right).

As for your son, if he sees mum working with a deck that works well for her and enjoying it, he might enjoy the experience as well. The MG may not be cute but it is definitely striking - aside from the Marseille and the Druidcraft, unlike many, it has my favourite Devil from any pack.

LB

Emily

Hi LB,

It was the cute images that drew me to the Hanson Roberts too - I loved the way it was coloured but the first time I used it I realised that there is an undercurrent to the deck. I've described this deck as being like 'an iron fist inside a velvet glove'. It looks all childlike and cute but its not lol (Give me the Morgan Greer any day :D )