"Voices of the saints" tarot by Scarabeo

Queen of Pentacle

Eventough I searched a lot on the net and on Aeclectif, I founded very few information about the "Voices of the saints" tarot by Scarabeo.
ISBN 0738706108

It seems to be a very pretty deck, "prayer-book" pretty, but pics are very rare and reviews non existent, eventough it is on the market since 2003. So it is very hard to guess.

From the very scarce infos on Scarabeo website , it is said to be a tarot, but is that so or another oracle like "Oracle of the saints" also from Scarabeo. Even the always so ressourcefull Tarot Garden do not seem to know about it.

I was wandering if anyone have this deck, and if he or she could tell me what kind of deck it is, a regular (four suite and majors) tarot or what. Do you like it? Do you use it? What is your feeling about it?

Any insigh or opinion would really be welcomed!
Thanks in advance.

room

I have been using it with the Tarot of the Saints in the Study Forum. I have some pictures up there--they look very much like Catholic devotional cards--very soft old-fashioned artwork surrounded by soft olive green/nile green borders with gold-coloured flourishes in the corners of the frames. If you look at my recent posts you can pull up some pictures. Cards 0, I, II, and III have pics of the Voices deck.

It is not a tarot deck, it is simply a deck of 78 numbered cards depicting the Saints and their stories. You could use it like an oracle, or you could use it for daily draws, meditations, or you could use it to learn about the Saints.

Some of the Saints in the deck are from the Eastern orthodox church so are interesting because they are less well known.

The LWB is short with the Saint's name and date, what they did and a single sentence divinatory/explanatory meaning. The cards themselves measure 2 5/8 x 4 3/4 inches (66 x 120 mm)

[Example: "44 - S. Homobonus Conf. (12th Century Italy)
Called the father of the poor, was the first canonized layperson.
Ideal husband and businessman, loyal to friendships."]

I like it, I use it, and I liked it so much that I bought several other decks or playing cards about the Saints, a couple of biographies, and some encyclopedias as well.