LANGUSTL-TAROT complete

Langustl

Hi :) !

I have a question. In the next weeks the preparation for the print of the cards will start. There is still no decision about the size. What do you think? Would you like to have the cards in a bigger size like the Röhrig-cards or in the normal size, what will be better to handle.

A few people told me, they like the pictures but they think, they maybe would not work with them because of the more abstract paintings. Because of that, I would prefere the bigger size.

Please tell me, what you think. This possibly would have an influence on the decision of the publisher.

Thanks ;) !

LANGUSTL-Tarot: http://www.langustl.de/

Debra

Hallo, Stephan. How exciting that the day comes near when your Tarot will be printed!

Your cards have complex geometric forms and subtle use of color. Too small, and the art will not be visible. But very large cards are difficult to handle.

Is it possible they could be 14 cm x 8 cm--something like that? Large enough to see the detail, but still we can use them?

Will there be a "little white book" with English translation? If so, I might be helpful with the English....I work as an editor for people who have English as a second language.

Best wishes,
Debra

thorhammer

Hi, Stephan, I'm so very excited about your Langustl coming out! It's on the short (URGENT) list for next year . . . Thanks for asking for input.

I'd like to see larger than average cards for your wonderful paintings, so they don't get "lost" - however, I think the Rohrig cards are a bit over the top. Having the cards about the same size as the images in the Rohrig might be nice, though. I'm sorry, I am moving at the moment and I just packed my ruler and it's at my other house . . . maybe someone else will be able to provide details of that dimension :)

I am hoping strongly that you decide on borderless cards, though, if that is still undecided. White borders would seriously detract from your wonderful artwork.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for this deck, best wishes for the home run!

\m/ Kat

Sidhe-Ra

I'm looking forward to these, too- I'm a fan of big cards, for preference :)

Em xx

avalonian

Hi Stephan.

Firstly, absolutely love the deck, it's now on my "must have" list.

I totally agree with Thorhammer regarding borderless cards, this deck just screams "no borders please" at me. The added advantage is that you would not be losing valuable space to the borders. Could the size be somewhere in between normal and Rohrig? I have just checked my Symbolon deck which is 3.00 x 4.88 inches (7.62cm x 12.3825cm), larger than normal but still relatively easy to handle.

rwcarter

I agree on borderless cards to showcase your art. Personally, I don't mind the larger size cards, but I understand that's a consideration for a lot of people.

Rodney

Langustl

At first "Thank you, thank you, thank you" for giving my cards so much importance :) !

Nearly nobody wants to have the cards in the small size. The wishes go to Röhrig-size or a little smaller. My aim in the moment is a size about 8 X 14 with a very small border in white ore light blue. The border avoids to see scratches there soon. It´s important to have the names on the cards. Later everybody who wants can cut away the borders, how a lot of people do with the Röhrig cards. Would that be o.k.?

Debra

Yes, I agree that having the numbers and names on the cards is a good idea.

I hope you will find a nice typeface that goes with the feel of the cards, or even write the names yourself.

I completely agree that larger is better for these cards. The paintings have such wonderful detail! And I know because I have one on my wall!

All best,
Debra

PS: White looks ok on the border, I think.

Langustl

Thanks, my dear friend :love:

FaireMaiden

Beautiful deck, *vbs*... Congratulations!... I'll buy it!