The best daily spreads

emily2otters

i do a four card spread:

1/2 . . . 3 . . . 4

1: major inner forces: how i'm feeling, what i'm thinking about, where i'm "aimed" today

2: expression: how i'm expressing those inner forces, my attitude

3: major outer influence: how folks are viewing/behaving toward me, events about to happen, what's coming at me

4: best advice: one thing i can do to maximize the potential of the day

this spread rarely leaves me with any questions about what my day will look like, and is sometimes eerily literal. following the advice has helped me through some rough ones.

Ravenswing

stability

Well...

seems that a three-card spread of some sort is the most popular. geometrical consideration:

***quick, duck-- here comes some math!!***

the triangle is the only stable geomtric shape. any other plane figure (no, not a plain figure!!) can be 'squashed' out of shape. So, if we play 'as above, so below', a three-card spread should give us a solid, stable reading.

LVX
steve

Kyrielle

I also use three cards, but, like aeonx, I ask what the Tarot has to teach me or say to me today. I don't have specific meanings for the positions; I connect the three cards in a storytelling kind of way. It gives a fuller reading than a one-card draw. Sometimes, when I feel like it, I do the same kind of thing with seven cards.

-- Kyrielle

WolfSpirit

I just draw one card, but I take a card from the Druid Animal Oracle, it's also a way to get to know this deck better.
They concentrate on characteristics inside you rather than events happening, so far they told me to enjoy the wonders of the world a bit and not work too hard so I'm very pleased with this deck :)
The cards are also beautiful, I put my day card next to my computer so I'm reminded of it repeatedly.

pie eyed piper

I use a 7 card spread from Sylvia Abraham, which seems to be helpful for the day.

6 5 4

3 2 1

Card 1: What new plans can I make for this day

Card 2: Will my plans include another person

Card 3: Will I enjoy this day (Travel or be creative)

Card 4: Will I doo good work today and be productive

Card 5: What changes/experiences will I encounter

Card 6: What new responsibilities/family isuues will I be involved with

Card 7: Will this be a day of rest or mental activity

Hope this spread helps you out!

BodhiSeed

Head, Heart and Hands

I too do a three card daily spread about what I need to pay attention to that day:

1~2~3

1. Head - What do I need to know today?
2. Heart - What do I need to embrace/accept today?
3. Hands - What do I need to do today?

Many Blessings,
Bodhran

elysgrl

I found that three cards was too much for me, and one card wasn't enough, so I draw two:

1. What is today's prevailing energy/theme/issue?
2. How can I make the most of it/overcome it?

Simple and succinct.

Blessings,
Denise

Vadella

I just pull one card. I've been wanting to try a 3 card. There are some very good options given here.

JavarinaMomma

single card or 3 card

I have two decks, one I'm learning on, through a 12 week course, and one I'm learning myself by just working with everyday. So, the one I work with in a daily basis is the Faery Wicca Tarot. I do a single spiral, or one card draw. I just simply ask, where am I today? And since it is a everyday basic how's it going? I just use the minor arcana, without the court cards. Sometimes though I just feel I need a little more. I'll ask how is it going with me? What is going on. 1. Yesterday 2. Today 3. Tommorow. Then I form a story This is where I have been, this is how I am right now, and this is were I'm going. I include the court cards here because it has a step up in ummmf.

Thanks for sharing your ideas, as I develope I am going to try them on.

Dean

The Acceptance spread

This is another usefull spread that i use,
it gets to the bottom of what ever question you may want answered,
good for a daily or Difficult question.

*****2**
**1*****3**4***5*
*****6**********

1.) This is the Plot behind the question.
2.) What was really on your mind as the question was being asked.
3.) Present influences helping or against you.
4.) Present influences helping or against you. The same as position 3.)
5.) Summing up the situation.
6.) The out-come to your question.

Hope this helps.