Mercury retrograde question

PeonyInLove

I apologise I'm not very educated in astrology and only know the basics. But despite that I'm very interested in it.

My question ... What effects do you think having to take exams during a mercury retrograde could pose?

kalliope

I just see it as a time to be extra careful with communications (but the extent to which it may affect a particular person probably depends on their own chart.)

So if it's a multiple choice test, be sure you don't go too fast and that you really mark the choices you mean. Read essay questions carefully so you don't accidentally miss a subtle point or miss something that you must include in your answer. Double check that you've written your answer clearly so it's not likely to be misconstrued. If the exam is the take-home variety that requires you to email it to the professor, or you must use an online exam system, watch out for technological glitches and make sure everything successfully sends. Keep extra copies at the ready. All stuff one should probably do anyway. ;)

But overall, I wouldn't be overly worried about it, so don't stress too much!

Minderwiz

I apologise I'm not very educated in astrology and only know the basics. But despite that I'm very interested in it.

My question ... What effects do you think having to take exams during a mercury retrograde could pose?

A Retrograde planet, any planet, will not behave in the expected manner.
The extent to which a transiting retrograde planet has any effect depends on where it lies in your chart natally, and its prominence both natally and through progression, direction or time Lord.

This means that it might have no effect whatsoever or it might have quite a noticeable effect. To say which requires your natal chart.

As you might have noticed, the world doesn't go mad every Mercury Retrograde but some people are more susceptible to it than others because of chart placement.

If you want to know more accurately, because they are your exams, then let me have your natal details and the period of your exams (start and finish dates) and I'll take a look.

danieljuk

People have to fly during mercury retrograde, people give birth, we all survive :) if you want to be safe Peony, leave earlier for your exams and check the transport is running okay for you. Make sure you have everything you need, take extra pens, charger for phone, batteries for calculator or spare, things like that. I would just be extra safe with everything you need and getting there and other than that relax and get through them :)

Minderwiz

Kalliope and danieljuk give some good general advice. You can't avoid the exam, so the issue is to be as prepared as possible for the format of the exam. If it involves a question paper, then make sure you read the questions two or three times and check you didn't misread them. That's a common problem with nervous students in exams, whether or not Mercury is retrograde.

Make sure you enter your name on the answer paper and any supplementary sheets are properly labelled and securely attached.

Basically it's apply the basic techniques for exams but take care that you're doing it properly.

PeonyInLove

I just see it as a time to be extra careful with communications (but the extent to which it may affect a particular person probably depends on their own chart.)

So if it's a multiple choice test, be sure you don't go too fast and that you really mark the choices you mean. Read essay questions carefully so you don't accidentally miss a subtle point or miss something that you must include in your answer. Double check that you've written your answer clearly so it's not likely to be misconstrued. If the exam is the take-home variety that requires you to email it to the professor, or you must use an online exam system, watch out for technological glitches and make sure everything successfully sends. Keep extra copies at the ready. All stuff one should probably do anyway. ;)

But overall, I wouldn't be overly worried about it, so don't stress too much!

Thank you... That's very true... I booked an overseas holiday 2 weeks before I flew out, went on the holiday, had a blast, had to organise my mums 50th Bday party and a range of other stuff all within a Mercury retrograde and nothing worth noting happened. Yet last Mercury retrograde my car battery completely died, then something went wrong with the electronics and then my vacuum cleaner broke lol so much more stuff too it really effected me that last one which I was surprised about. Thank you for all the pointers! I'll most definitely take note of them all xx

PeonyInLove

A Retrograde planet, any planet, will not behave in the expected manner.
The extent to which a transiting retrograde planet has any effect depends on where it lies in your chart natally, and its prominence both natally and through progression, direction or time Lord.

This means that it might have no effect whatsoever or it might have quite a noticeable effect. To say which requires your natal chart.

As you might have noticed, the world doesn't go mad every Mercury Retrograde but some people are more susceptible to it than others because of chart placement.

If you want to know more accurately, because they are your exams, then let me have your natal details and the period of your exams (start and finish dates) and I'll take a look.

That makes sense why sometimes I'm not effected by a Mercury retrograde at all! That's very kind of you! Would I be able to PM you my details?

PeonyInLove

People have to fly during mercury retrograde, people give birth, we all survive :) if you want to be safe Peony, leave earlier for your exams and check the transport is running okay for you. Make sure you have everything you need, take extra pens, charger for phone, batteries for calculator or spare, things like that. I would just be extra safe with everything you need and getting there and other than that relax and get through them :)

That's what I was just talking about, I've organised an extremely quick trip overseas and had a great trip all within a mercury retrograde and nothing got lost in translation, no aeroplane malfunctions lol Thank you for your advice! I'm definitely going to note it all so I can extra prepared.

PeonyInLove

Kalliope and danieljuk give some good general advice. You can't avoid the exam, so the issue is to be as prepared as possible for the format of the exam. If it involves a question paper, then make sure you read the questions two or three times and check you didn't misread them. That's a common problem with nervous students in exams, whether or not Mercury is retrograde.

Make sure you enter your name on the answer paper and any supplementary sheets are properly labelled and securely attached.

Basically it's apply the basic techniques for exams but take care that you're doing it properly.

This all makes total sense! I was also thinking that my mind might go blank and I won't remember anything at all or not be able to concentrate on studying. Thank you so much!

Minderwiz

That makes sense why sometimes I'm not effected by a Mercury retrograde at all! That's very kind of you! Would I be able to PM you my details?

Yes, just send me a PM with your time, date and place of birth. I'll take a look at the situation. Also give me the date(s) of your exams - if there's more than one just the start and end date will do.