Asc- Leo
Sun- Sagittarius
Moon- Libra
Venus- Libra
Jupiter- Sagittarius
Mercury- Sagittarius
Mars- Libra
Midheaven- Taurus

All orbs are pretty tight.. about 2 degrees or less. What are the take-home energies around this?

Minderwiz

Me

All orbs are pretty tight.. about 2 degrees or less. What are the take-home energies around this?

Which orbs? - All those possible or just some of them and are you using minor aspects?

It's possible to do some synsastry off the information you supplied, although it requires using Whole Sign Houses. Establishing the house positions using other house systems would be very tricky and require a lot of effort. As houses are the fundamentals of chart analysis, there's a clear problem. Your Sun could be in his seventh (it definitely is using WSH) but it could be in his seventh or eight or even ninth, using a quadrant system, depending on the degree of his Ascendant and the degree of your Sun. As you've listed the Midheaven, I'm guessing that you used Placidus or similar to do the chart.

Also your Ascendant ruler is Saturn and it's not listed (for either of you).

DiamondsRForever

Which orbs? - All those possible or just some of them and are you using minor aspects?

It's possible to do some synsastry off the information you supplied, although it requires using Whole Sign Houses. Establishing the house positions using other house systems would be very tricky and require a lot of effort. As houses are the fundamentals of chart analysis, there's a clear problem. Your Sun could be in his seventh (it definitely is using WSH) but it could be in his seventh or eight or even ninth, using a quadrant system, depending on the degree of his Ascendant and the degree of your Sun. As you've listed the Midheaven, I'm guessing that you used Placidus or similar to do the chart.

Also your Ascendant ruler is Saturn and it's not listed (for either of you).

sqrsyu.png

Couldn't figure out how to get an image on here, but this is the chart! I know it's cut out on the bottom - it was difficult to fit it all into the screenshot. :( But as you can see, there aren't any planets in those bottom houses. :)

Thank you!! xx

Minderwiz

Thanks for the attempt but whilst there's no planets in the bottom half, there may be planets aspecting some of the houses/cusps at the bottom.

Some things you could think about:

Synastry is concerned with relationships, but relationships can take many forms; parent/child friend/friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, business partner/business partner, etc.

For a romantic relationships there are a series of possible links, such as Venus in the other person's fifth or seventh houses, or contact between fifth house rulers, Ascendant rulers, placement of the Moon etc. In his case his fifth is ruled by Jupiter but I can't tell from the chart which planet rules your fifth. t might be the Moon, which does aspect Jupiter. Your seventh house ruler is his Asceendant ruler and his Sun and your Saturn appear to be in aspect. Your Sun and his Saturn also seem to be in aspect but the chart is not particularly clear.

If you want to pursue this let me know your natal details and his natal details. As I can cast the charts. But as it stands there are some good pointers to such a relationship.

If you want to keep the info off the forum you can send them in a PM

Minderwiz

Thanks for the details, they did make something of a difference from my initial thoughts.

Firstly, synastry should follow a character analysis for each party. It can't override the basic features of your chart, though it can augment it or even show that life will be more difficult.

A full temperament analysis would take some space and time, but I did a very brief, rough and ready one. Neither of you has an extreme personality type, you're both reasonably well rounded. He's a bit more impetuous than you, more inclined to action first rather than thought. You're more the reverse. But as neither of you is extreme, I doubt that this would lead to conflict, or rather conflicts will be reasonably manageable. That is one area you might want to think over if you really wanted to go into this in depth but as it stands there's no major evidence of personality clash.

You do have lots of contacts between planets, some are 'easy' (trines and sextiles) some are 'difficult' (squares and oppositions) but both are required for a dynamic relationship.

I analysed the synastry using whole sign houses, which I find works better for topical analysis, though not for a lot of forecasting techniques.

Venus, has general signification for relationships of all kinds. Your Venus in Leo sextiles his Venus in Libra. So this is a good start.

For a romantic relationship:

General significators of Marriage for a man are Moon and Venus (which both signify the spouse) and the Descendant ruler, which rules the house of marriage. . General significators of Marriage for a woman are Sun and Mars or Jupiter (which signify the Man) and the ruler of the Seventh house of marriage.

His Ascendant is your Descendant (your Seventh house of marriage) but there's no aspect by degree between those rulers (your Saturn, his Sun) but they are in a trine relationship by sign.

Your fifth house ruler, Mercury, lies in his fifth house - the fifth covers romantic relationships and having fun together.

His fifth house ruler, Jupiter, lies in your seventh house of marriage and they trine each other, so good symbolism for a romantic relationship.

There's no connection between your Moon and his, but, Your Moon ruler, Mercury does sextile his Moon ruler, Venus. Your instinctive reactions and his instinctive reactions will be reasonably harmonious.

Your Sun and his Sun also make no contact but your Sun ruler, Mercury does trine his Sun ruler, Jupiter, though by sign rather than degree.

Your Sun and his Moon are also out of contact but their rulers, Mercury and Venus are in contact. Your Moon and his Sun are in a square by sign though not by degree. Again their rulers, Mercury and Jupiter are in a trine relationship.

Your Mercury trines his Mercury, so communication between you is good.

All of these contacts are good for a relationship. So unless digging deeper would reveal something I've missed at the summary level, you look good together.

Edited to add:

I also checked the Lots relating to marriage. These are calculated points which say something about marriage.

For you the Lot of Marriage for women lies in Leo - his Ascendant and is ruled by the Sun (Ruler of your Descendant and house of marriage). For him the Lot is also in Leo - your seventh house. Though as I'm summarising several authors, his spread is a little wider than yours. Nevertheless the contact is good.

Note:

The only drop of cold water, lies in the accuracy of your birth time. I get an Ascendant of just over 29 degrees Aquarius. An recording error of three minutes too early could put your Ascendant in Pisces, though there are still contacts between Your Ascendant ruler (Jupiter) and his Ascendant ruler (the Sun) indeed they are even closer.

That would also affect my temperament calculation as well. Recording errors tend to go the other way, stating the birth as slightly later than it actually was, but the error on the early side is not unknown, especially if the note is made from an approximation.

DiamondsRForever

Thank you Minderwiz, darling! This astrological reading was so detailed and definitely sounds accurate. You are wunderbar!

Thanks for the details, they did make something of a difference from my initial thoughts.

Firstly, synastry should follow a character analysis for each party. It can't override the basic features of your chart, though it can augment it or even show that life will be more difficult.

A full temperament analysis would take some space and time, but I did a very brief, rough and ready one. Neither of you has an extreme personality type, you're both reasonably well rounded. He's a bit more impetuous than you, more inclined to action first rather than thought. You're more the reverse. But as neither of you is extreme, I doubt that this would lead to conflict, or rather conflicts will be reasonably manageable. That is one area you might want to think over if you really wanted to go into this in depth but as it stands there's no major evidence of personality clash.

You do have lots of contacts between planets, some are 'easy' (trines and sextiles) some are 'difficult' (squares and oppositions) but both are required for a dynamic relationship.

I analysed the synastry using whole sign houses, which I find works better for topical analysis, though not for a lot of forecasting techniques.

Venus, has general signification for relationships of all kinds. Your Venus in Leo sextiles his Venus in Libra. So this is a good start.

For a romantic relationship:

General significators of Marriage for a man are Moon and Venus (which both signify the spouse) and the Descendant ruler, which rules the house of marriage. . General significators of Marriage for a woman are Sun and Mars or Jupiter (which signify the Man) and the ruler of the Seventh house of marriage.

His Ascendant is your Descendant (your Seventh house of marriage) but there's no aspect by degree between those rulers (your Saturn, his Sun) but they are in a trine relationship by sign.

Your fifth house ruler, Mercury, lies in his fifth house - the fifth covers romantic relationships and having fun together.

His fifth house ruler, Jupiter, lies in your seventh house of marriage and they trine each other, so good symbolism for a romantic relationship.

There's no connection between your Moon and his, but, Your Moon ruler, Mercury does sextile his Moon ruler, Venus. Your instinctive reactions and his instinctive reactions will be reasonably harmonious.

Your Sun and his Sun also make no contact but your Sun ruler, Mercury does trine his Sun ruler, Jupiter, though by sign rather than degree.

Your Sun and his Moon are also out of contact but their rulers, Mercury and Venus are in contact. Your Moon and his Sun are in a square by sign though not by degree. Again their rulers, Mercury and Jupiter are in a trine relationship.

Your Mercury trines his Mercury, so communication between you is good.

All of these contacts are good for a relationship. So unless digging deeper would reveal something I've missed at the summary level, you look good together.

Edited to add:

I also checked the Lots relating to marriage. These are calculated points which say something about marriage.

For you the Lot of Marriage for women lies in Leo - his Ascendant and is ruled by the Sun (Ruler of your Descendant and house of marriage). For him the Lot is also in Leo - your seventh house. Though as I'm summarising several authors, his spread is a little wider than yours. Nevertheless the contact is good.

Note:

The only drop of cold water, lies in the accuracy of your birth time. I get an Ascendant of just over 29 degrees Aquarius. An recording error of three minutes too early could put your Ascendant in Pisces, though there are still contacts between Your Ascendant ruler (Jupiter) and his Ascendant ruler (the Sun) indeed they are even closer.

That would also affect my temperament calculation as well. Recording errors tend to go the other way, stating the birth as slightly later than it actually was, but the error on the early side is not unknown, especially if the note is made from an approximation.