the sun reversed & nine of wands

baroness

Could the sun reversed & nine of wands in terms of A's feelings for B mean that they are unsatisfied in their feelings or cannot express themselves?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Fonda

To me, that particular combination would mean that A has good feelings for B but that the relationship may be a lot of work and the amount of work is dragging their feelings down (or overshadowing the good feelings.) IMO

nisaba

I'd see restlessness and difficulties of expression. Also, a need to be self-protective.

baroness

To me, that particular combination would mean that A has good feelings for B but that the relationship may be a lot of work and the amount of work is dragging their feelings down (or overshadowing the good feelings.) IMO

This makes sense. I get a very King of Pents vibe from this guy and he has a hard time expressing himself. He also puts his work before all the other commitments in his life so seeing a relationship as work or even too much to commit to because he cannot emotionally express himself sounds accurate to me.

Thanks so much for your insight!

baroness

I'd see restlessness and difficulties of expression. Also, a need to be self-protective.

It definitely makes more sense since this person seems overworked lately and very stressed out. Thanks for your input!

SunChariot

Could the sun reversed & nine of wands in terms of A's feelings for B mean that they are unsatisfied in their feelings or cannot express themselves?

Certainly it can mean that. If that is what you sensed it meant then that is what it did mean. There are almost as many ways to read as there are readers. And your intuition, what YOU sense things mean in a reader is a very important part. No one can tell you what things would mean to you personally in a reading.

In case this helps, what those cards would mean to me,,,

The Sun: that A feels VERY warm, happy, joyous, comforting, feel good feelings about (when with) B. The way I use reversals, reversal on a Major does not change the meanings but it strengthens it. So we are talking about VERY strong feelings of this sort,

9 of Wands: says that A needs to take a time out to stop and think of what they really want to create with B, if it is possible to create that, how to best create it ....(9's for me refer back to The Hermit).

SO put together it could be saying that A feels such powerfully strong positive feelings for B that they need to really stop and look at what they are doing, think of what they want to create and how. EG these two cards might mean that A is so enraptured with those feelings that they are not noticing that what they want to create is not possible with this person, or that this person may not want to create what they want to have.

Maybe A is so completely in love that they believe for sure they are working towards marriage. But that B never wants to marry. Maybe there is something that A is not seeing clearly as he is blinded by the force of his/her feelings. This could then be saying that A needs to take a time out, think of what they want to create as the final outcome, if it is possible and if so what the best way to create it is.

Possilble tie in to your answer. If A has such strong feelings that they get tongue tied around B and are to shy/scared to show their real selves and be open with B...Then they might need to stop and think what they want with B. If they want a relationship with a good open communication, then something needs to change.

Babs

baroness

Certainly it can mean that. If that is what you sensed it meant then that is what it did mean. There are almost as many ways to read as there are readers. And your intuition, what YOU sense things mean in a reader is a very important part. No one can tell you what things would mean to you personally in a reading.

In case this helps, what those cards would mean to me,,,

The Sun: that A feels VERY warm, happy, joyous, comforting, feel good feelings about (when with) B. The way I use reversals, reversal on a Major does not change the meanings but it strengthens it. So we are talking about VERY strong feelings of this sort,

9 of Wands: says that A needs to take a time out to stop and think of what they really want to create with B, if it is possible to create that, how to best create it ....(9's for me refer back to The Hermit).

SO put together it could be saying that A feels such powerfully strong positive feelings for B that they need to really stop and look at what they are doing, think of what they want to create and how. EG these two cards might mean that A is so enraptured with those feelings that they are not noticing that what they want to create is not possible with this person, or that this person may not want to create what they want to have.

Maybe A is so completely in love that they believe for sure they are working towards marriage. But that B never wants to marry. Maybe there is something that A is not seeing clearly as he is blinded by the force of his/her feelings. This could then be saying that A needs to take a time out, think of what they want to create as the final outcome, if it is possible and if so what the best way to create it is.

Possilble tie in to your answer. If A has such strong feelings that they get tongue tied around B and are to shy/scared to show their real selves and be open with B...Then they might need to stop and think what they want with B. If they want a relationship with a good open communication, then something needs to change.

Babs

Wow... this is very insightful. I'm still pretty new to tarot so I feel a little shaky with learning combinations so I'm not exactly there yet. Plus I feel like my intuition is off lately.

This brings up a lot of ideas though..... Could this still apply to the Sun Reversed??

SunChariot

Wow... this is very insightful. I'm still pretty new to tarot so I feel a little shaky with learning combinations so I'm not exactly there yet. Plus I feel like my intuition is off lately.

This brings up a lot of ideas though..... Could this still apply to the Sun Reversed??

Thank you. A combination is not that hard. I do not LEARN them. Its more learning a technique to work them out as they come up. When they come up. I just look at what each card means to me alone and then ponder on how fit together THIS time, in relation to the question. I don't have set meanings for combinations. I do it on the spur of the moment.

As for the Sun reversed question...not only do we all tend to develop our own unique spin on the cards, but there are also many different ways to use reversals. Each method works differently. You are probably familiar with the most common method there the reversal kindof makes the card mean the opposite of what it means upright. I was never a fan of that method and never really used it.

So the basis answer to what the Sun reversed means is that what the card means reversed varies with which reversals method you use. I myself alternate between 3-4 different methods. None of them being the one you are probably thinking of. The one I mainly use is one I invented myself. My personal method does not change the Majors that much, it just strengthens them. EG the Sun become VERY VERY warm feelings instead of just warm feelings. But it changes the Minors and Courts dramatically.

My last piece of advice. anything "could" mean anything in Tarot, It is a think of literally infinite possibilities. There are so many different ways to do any one thing. And then you have intuition playing into it all where you just KNOW inside that the card means something to you that it never did before and maybe never will again. There is nothing that the cards cannot say. For only 78 cards to be able to tell us an infinite number of things, to talk of the infinite topic of life, things stretch a bit. Anything could at times mean anything, Under the right circumstances. If you follow your heart and soul more than your mind when reading.

Babs

WalesWoman

I'm not sure how expressing themselves fits with these cards, but as said earlier, tarot can say just about anything if that is how you see it. The first thing that struck me was a state of overwhelming burn out, feeling tired, beat up and defensive from repeated attacks and/or battles of will or conflicts of priorities. Sun RX can be burn out from too much heat, a big cloud blocking the warmth and light of the Sun, 9 Wands is for me, the battle scars to defending and protecting the things you feel strongly about or want or desire and again, because it's fire and lots of it, more burn out, so they sort of reinforce each other.

Another way of looking at it, could be the initial hot fire has mellowed, battles have been fought, but there is a determination not to give up or give in and stick it out to the bitter end or stick it out. Fire has loads of joy and enthusiasm and passion, so while the flames may not burn the white hot heat as they once did, the embers are still glowing.