Éditions de l'Aigle Wirth

Papageno

is there an option for regular registered international mail instead of the "ChronoMail" which I assume is the 48 hour delivery (which would explain the incredible charge for postage)
French is not my first language obviously.

any help is appreciated.

Abrac

Thanks coredil and Fulgour. When I looked at your link this morning coredil, I wasn't exactly sure what was being offered. But thanks to Fulgour's (much-appreciated) detective work I took another look. I ran a search on the ISBN and got a hit on amazon.fr. According to it, this is a 2005 edition (22 blades :)). I went ahead and bought the one at ABE. I will report back in 20-25 days when it arrives. :D

coredil

Abrac said:
Even better, if anyone has a link to a site where they can be purchased, I would be forever grateful!

I went ahead and bought the one at ABE.
Abrac
Glad you finally could find it :)

But now its time to pay and Fulgour and I (as you needed both of us to follow the link) we are strongly counting on your for ever gratitude :D

jackdaw*

Abrac said:
Thanks to everyone for the info. It is appreciated.

QoP, I tried the Autre Monde site, but it keeps telling me Cookies are not activated. I have tried Netscape, Firefox, and IE, all set to the lowest security level possible and it still won't allow communication. Do you remember having any kind of trouble like this???

Abrac
Sorry, just now came back to this thread. I didn't have that problem, so I'm not sure what that might have been, unless you've some sort of firewall or popup blocker. But anyway, glad you did find it!

Fulgour

trismegistus said:
any help is appreciated.
Hi :) trismegistus! May I ask please, what were
you looking at and where..? You wrote above ~
"2 decks (Wirth & Esmerelda) = 71.20 Euros???"
that doesn't sound like anything we referenced.

Papageno

Fulgour said:
Hi :) trismegistus! May I ask please, what were
you looking at and where..? You wrote above ~
"2 decks (Wirth & Esmerelda) = 71.20 Euros???"
that doesn't sound like anything we referenced.

Hi Fulgour:

I completed the order.

I was referring to the method of delivery page.
The 71.20 Euros is the 48 hour delivery service through "ChronoMail" for all international shipments.

I chose the second default option (much cheaper), although I have no idea what all that stuff about "Zone 3" delivery is. I assume it's intended for regular registered mail. who knows. If there's a problem I guess they'll let me know.

The Éditions de l'Aigle Wirth is terrific. what a great find.
I don't know why the later U.S. Games release is "cleaned up" so to speak unless they felt the alterations made it easier to issue a 78 card edition.
The things that various publishers have done to Majors-only releases over the years for the sake of releasing more saleable 78 card decks is appalling.

I'm not certain what possesed me to buy the Esmerelda, I usually avoid those "Ancient Egyptian" theme decks like the plague, but this one looks interesting, the use of clean bas relief and statuary imagery without the hideous faux hieroglyphics. more like an omaggio to the Egyptian pantheon.

kenji

l'Aigle Wirth deck

I could prepare 2 unused decks:)
Anyone interested, please PM me.

Astraea

Hi Kenji, PM coming your way.

Abrac

coredil said:
But now its time to pay and Fulgour and I (as you needed both of us to follow the link) we are strongly counting on your for ever gratitude :D
Can I let you know after the deck actually arrives and I see what you found for me? LOL

Abrac

It Came! (a lot sooner than expected)

This is a very interesting deck indeed. I wasn't sure what to expect, but am very pleasantly pleased.

The first thing that strikes me is it is clearly a reproduction of an older lithographed deck, complete with Wirth's initials on most of the cards. The gold backgrounds actually look gold (not gold foil, but they appear gold) as opposed to the copper look on US Games' and Tchou's versions. Compared to Tchou's, the colors are much more muted. The art deco borders are a nice touch too.

But the wildest thing, to me anyway, are the backs! They look like some kind of Rorschach card done in water colors. It is one of the weirdest backs I have ever seen. Now I am wondering if it is original or a modern artist's creation. If I could read French, it might say somewhere in the booklet. Do any of you with an earlier printing have the same back? Mine is a 2005.

I have Tchou's version and I actually like it. It may not be a "real" Wirth, but based on its own merit, it's a pretty nice version. This new version will make a nice compliment. :)