Problem Person spread

Stregaverde

Stregaverde's Pesky Problem Person Spread

I created this spread a few weeks ago to help give my husband insight into a situation that he was being pushed into dealing with. It has a few third person questions in it, which I generally try to avoid, but it was uncannily dead-on in regards to the problem person in question. Feel free to monkey with it! I at first had 7 cards, with the 7th being Outcome and no formal Advice card. I've also thought to do it with 7th being Advice but leaving off the Outcome card, or you can use all 8, depending on your situation.

1*****4
***3***
2*****5
***6***
***7***
***8***

1. What motivates this person?
2. What lies beneath those motivations? What is hidden or subconscious?
3. What is the current situation with this person?
4. What can I do about this situation?
5. What do I need to be aware of?
6. What other influences can/do affect this situation?
7. Advice
8. Outcome

You might also want to add cards such as, "What is this person here to teach me?" and things of that nature. The situation for my hubby was more straightforward--he had to go clean up someone else's mess and deal with a difficult person doing it. But for a more involved relationship, I would enlarge it to:

**1*****4**
6****3****7
**2*****5**
*****8*****
*****9*****
****10*****
****11*****

1. What motivates this person?
2. What lies beneath those motivations?
3. What is the situation between us?
4. What are my motivations with this person?
5. What lies beneath my motivations?
6. What is this person here to teach me?
7.What can I do about this situation?
8. What do I need to watch out for?
9. What other influences can/do affect this situation?
10. Advice
11. Outcome

sapphir3

Thanks so much for posting this, it's just the spread I need right now! I'll try later today and let you know how it goes for me :)

sapphir3

Okay, I just used it and it was very accurate! It showed some things I already knew (like this person's drug abuse problem) and also brought up some things that I kind of already knew but didn't want to admit. It's really helped me to see what needs to be done. Thank you :)

crazelion

Okey I will try this spread tomorrow.

tigereye

I just tried this spread. I really like it. I was trying to see what is wrong with a person I know from a chat room. It was right on the money. Great spread thanks. Now I have to think how I want to handle my relationship with them.

-tigereye

celticnoodle

oh Stregaverde, I have just the need for this now. i will try this reading tonight or tomorrow morn and let you know how it works for me. it seems to ask all the questions that would be relevant for the 'problem person' i'm thinking of reading about. thanks.

Glass Owl

I can't tell you how often I have used this spread -- I love it. It is so useful and really gets to the heart of what is going on with that person that is so, well, confusing. Of course, sometimes the answers make me chuckle because this spread lends itself really well to answers that really spell it out for you.... usually the "duh, isn't obvious?" ones. :)

Ann1988

Interesting. I will save this one.

jg1133

I'll try this too

sprite

yes ive used your spread before, and is one of my keepers, gives great insight into the facts, what the person is about and great direction for you to take off in. actually its on my list to use again - same person popped back up that i ussed it on the last time a few years later but still causing me trouble.
but wanted to give you props on the spread - good one