"78 Weeks: a new study" - Which deck?

Sophie

I will mix-and-match various Marseille-style historical decks in photoreproduction or redrawing (Dodal, Noblet, Heron Conver, Tarot de Marsiglia, Piatnik, etc.). For complete contrast - and because I want to do some psychological exploration - two German decks: the Röhrig and the Margarete Peterson (I'll try working with them both, but if I find that too much, I'll just stick to one).

Mimers

Definitely the Robin Wood because it is my main reading deck. After that, who knows. Merryday? Druidcraft? Prague? I do not know.

Guiding Cauldron

trying to deciede....

I'm going to pray to my spirit guide and ask for help, as I'm not sure which deck to use! I may use my BBCT or my mermaids tarot, or if I get it on time to start I may use my new viking tarot! so many bloody choices! lol

Trogon

Sounds like we're going to have a wonderful and very "aeclectic" mix of decks during our 78 weeks! Hmmm... maybe I'll add a deck or two more... :D

inanna_tarot

Thoth and the Druidcraft :D

FaerieSage

I'll likely be using my Drogi deck (The Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, but I always shorten it), since it's new to me and we get along well. I'd thought about a proper Marseilles style deck, but that would require me getting a brand new deck this week and that's not likely.
I'm contemplating my Ukiyoe deck as a pseudo-proper RWS, but we'll see. I need to still think.

gregory

The World Spirit - to prepare for when it arrives as part of the Travelling Deck project - and the Revelations because it screamed to me to study it when I opened the box, and has so far failed to shut up. And no doubt others as the fit takes me. Do we post different deck bits in separate posts or - say - all our Magician thoughts on more than one deck in one lump ?

Moonbow

Gregory, I am so impressed and excited that you will be doing this... I just knew you would take the bull by the horns sometime. :D

I intend using my Marseilles decks and some of the Marseilles 'looky-likeys' because some of them are really nice decks. Like the Angel, I love the Majors and Courts but the pips are...umm... not Marseille-y. I had a case this morning where I 'had' to use the Angel because I had an accident with the Star cards from most of my other decks and surprisingly (to me) the Angel pip card that I chose 'still' spoke to me. I may even introduce other pip decks, like the Tavaglione Stairs of gold and the Crystal (Tarocchi Di Vetro).

Moonbow* :)

gregory

Moonbow* said:
Gregory, I am so impressed and excited that you will be doing this... I just knew you would take the bull by the horns sometime. :D
Don't be too impressed till you see my posts. :( But I always said I would read eventually - and this isn't reading as such (it ISN'T is it ??????) Study I can handle. I hope.

PlatinumDove

Its a way that you learn to read. :) Don't be afraid of reading!