"The Everyman Tarot" Deck available now

Is "The Everyman Tarot" worth persuing as a deck?

• It's a great idea! GO FOR IT!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • It's a nice idea, but I'm not sure how it will fly, sales-wise.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It's an idea; may be a tough sell to a publisher.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I'd buy one just to add it to my collection!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tarotbear

Hello, all!

Evidentally years ago I put this thread/forum on 'hide' and forgot it was here! But then, I wasn't trying to create a deck, or even expecting to create a deck ... and I'm not even sure if I actually HAVE a deck!

If you have been following my thread about republishing my original book, etc, you may already know that US Games had upped their price for using the RWS images I used originally and I was forced to create my own images or pay USG through the nose forever. I started drawing my own male-centric illustrations out of need. I was eventually able to find a royalty-free version of the RWS images and substituted them into the reprint. I then used my male-centric illustrations inside my Men's book "Every Man's Tarot" {see separate thread in advertisements.}

My thought is this: Book with original illustrations = Book & Deck. (Yes/No?)

The illustrations are B/W line drawings, no colors, shading, etc - like a coloring book. The Men's book is soooooo different from my other - mostly essays and discussions that even with the male-centric cards I am not sure that there would be enough interest in men buying a 'Book & Deck set' ... or maybe there is ??? I have looked into Llewellyn's author guidelines for submitting a Tarot Deck ... a little restrctive, I fear, not sure there would be enough interest for them to print 20,000 copies of the deck.

Here is a link back to the thread where you can see more pictures: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177546

So - who has experience with Llewellyn creating their deck?

What other companies have others used sucessfully?

Do you think this is a good idea?

Other recommendations?

Thanks! :D

Attachments

• 00 Fool.jpg
    00 Fool.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 018 Moon.jpg
    018 Moon.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Swords 06.jpg
    Swords 06.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 208
  • Wands 05.jpg
    Wands 05.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 210

Disa

Well, I don't have advice as far as publishing decks, but..

I like the drawings. I sometimes feel when I am reading for men that my decks are too girly..so I would probably like a deck with "male-centric illustrations" for doing readings for men. I think offering a deck and book set and offering cards on their own would be a good idea if that's even possible. People might not always need to replace a book, but they might need to replace the cards.

Just my little ideas on it, though I haven't read your ad about the "every Man's Tarot" yet, so I might be missing the point. :)

gregory

I'd buy it. Go for it - what do you have to lose ?

gamecrafter does great printing and loses me (ad others) over their postage charges. But you could run with them, order several and sell them yourself. Or there are a couple of others here who have found good printers for small runs - like Marcia959.

tarotbear

Maybe, just maybe ...

After a lot of help and input from tarotlyn and a big, big thank you to starlightexp, I am going to try my hand at uploading the Everyman Tarot images into TGC and see if I end up with a usable/saleable deck. Keep your fingers crossed! When something involves TB, electronics, and a third party the air gets fraught with tension.

***ETA***

I may still pay someone to do this for me!

tarotbear

I have already run into problems .... I now have a file of 'playing card faces' that I don't want and cannot delete out of my account. There is no LIVE help for TGC? It's all bulletin boards? Who are they kidding?

I am trying to create a DECK. When I finish a DECK step it keeps asking me about my GAME. This is annoying.

An hour so far, and I have nothing to show for it except frustration.

tarotbear

Wtf?!?!?!?

Is it me, or has the Universe decided it does not want my deck?

I have just looked into Printer's Studio - and cannot get past step 2! I tried becoming a member and the member page will not register me! Their tutorials do not play! I tried contacting Customer Service through their website and it does not submit! WTF??!!????!!!!

gregory

Try a different browser. Don't laugh - but I can only get into a site I use regularly by using a different one - it's weird.

tarotbear

I just tried to download Mozilla/Firefox 22 and my Norton will not let it download!?!?

*** ETA ***
I had to download a yahoo compatible version of Firefox. :confused:

Melia

Is it me, or has the Universe decided it does not want my deck?

It's not that the Universe does not want your deck. It's just that Mercury has only gone retrograde. You could not have picked a worse time. Give it a couple of days and hopefully you'll be able to work through the various problems you've been having.

tarotbear

It's just that Mercury has only gone retrograde. You could not have picked a worse time.

Well! THAT explains everything! LOL!

*** ETA ***

Before we had computerized everything - what did the Mercury retrogrades screw up?