January 12th's Grand Cross

obeygravity

HOO I remember hearing a while back that there's a grand cross happening this month but quickly it would come and I'm currently trying to dissect what it means in relationship to my natal. I haven't in the past paid too much attention to a lot of the transits but I did a double take when I realized that the grand cross will be hitting my AC (Jupiter)/DC (Uranus)/IC(Sun)/MC(Moon). I've started doing some reading to get an understanding of what this will mean as a whole and in relationship to my chart and overall it seems like it could potentially be a rather ... intense day, emotionally speaking and potentially in regards to myself and my own sense of identity. A snapshot of my chart on that day can be seen here: https://postimg.org/image/8fwtgrw75/

Part of what I can gather is pretty easy since I've already been feeling the effects of that Jupiter and Uranus opposition, but the breakdown I can see from it is:

AC (Jupiter)/IC (Uranus) Opposition - Looking to expand my sense of self and liberating myself from a lot of the expectations I have in my relationships. Ceres being conjunct Uranus added to this speaks to a lot of the new beginnings and transitions I've been experiencing in relationship to me and my closer connections. A lot of throwing down chains, setting boundaries and the start of drawn lines (which I can honestly say is incredibly new to me. I've always been one to give freely and openly but the last year I've found myself feeling very fed up with it and just having had enough).

IC (Sun)/AC (Moon) - Now this one is throwing me through a bit of a loop and admittedly makes me a wee bit nervous, mostly because of that Pluto conjunct my IC as well. There's definitely going to be a lot of shake up in relationship to me and my roots (IC/4H) and me and where I currently stand/my career (AC/10H).

The squares show the tension of my sense of self versus how I present myself regarding my work life and home life, and the kind of effect that my close relations can also have an effect on that aspect of me.

Luckily there IS Saturn coming in (I also entered my Saturn Return last November and let me tell you ... it's been a doozy) and it seems like it'll be able to help ease a lot of the tensions that this grand cross would otherwise cause on my chart.

I've only recently started dipping my feet into transits and it's been interesting (and alarming) at the way major transits have co-aligned with major events in my life, so ha! seeing how this one falls on my chart is definitely leaving me like I need to take the time to consider what this could mean. Any further insight on this would be very appreciated!

CosmicBeing

The Grand Cross consists of four planets connected by four squares and two oppositions. In effect this consists of four 'T' Squares and, although the process of interpretation is essentially the same as that for a 'T' Square, the complexity and possibilities are considerably more varied. This pattern is not necessarily more dynamic than the T' Square.

When the Grand Cross is in:

Cardinal Signs, problems and difficulties are more likely to result in energetic and assertive behaviour.

Fixed Signs, people may hang on to their problems and be exceptionally stubborn and resistant to change.

Mutable Signs, they may be very adaptable but may also exacerbate their problems by evading them.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

Maybe some of this information will help.

obeygravity

Thanks for sharing that! I have been doing a lot of reading on the transit itself but am still trying to get an understanding of how that transit could effect the chart, especially when it hits all axis of the chart, too.

CosmicBeing

Well Moon is 10th lord...so Moon is now a representative of 10th lord both in chart and in transit.

Sun is 11th lord...so sun is now representative of 11th lord.

So maybe think of it like 10th lord in opposition to 11th lord right now.

In another manner... Sun is sometimes seen as the father or government.
Moon is representative of Mothers.
alternatively Moon is emotions and Sun is ego

Saturn return is definitely hard...even when Saturn transits Moon is hard...

3rd/4th lord is both Jupiter and that transits your 1st house.

I don't think anyone can fully give you a translation without seeing the progressed chart. When i practiced transit reading in western style the progression chart was important.

obeygravity

Oh! I actually didn't even think to take the Progressed chart into consideration. I've only recently started to dip my feet into it so I'm still not wholly familiar with it and how to fully implement it. But here is a link to the progressed chart: https://postimg.org/image/lcot3h5p5/

CosmicBeing

Jupiter opposition Uranus will be one of the most prominent aspects of 2017 and it is like the thank the lord aspect as it can suddenly change your luck, everything can turn around in any moment. It is the energy of an awakening something inside of you and your luck can change overnight, it will be one of the most prominent aspects of 2017 and will cause added tension and challenge to the Uranus Pluto Square that has been activated since 2011.

Since the transiting Jupiter/Uranus is your 1st and 7th house.. it may have something to do with relationships or partnership (business or not) or Lawyers.

Minderwiz

I'm not particularly a fan of aspect patterns. What is more important is the aspects themselves, in this case between the transiting planets and natal planets, and talso between the transiting planets themselves.

There are some interesting features here. The most important one is Jupiter transiting the first house. As this is a diurnal chart (Sun above the horizon), Jupiter is the Benefic of Sect. It's going to be experienced as a beneficial influence on you, in terms of body, mind and spirit. This is a good transit in life, things should be getting better.

Jupiter also squares your natal Moon in Cancer, so there may be issues relating to work and employment resulting from this transit, especially as your MC is in Cancer and the Moon rules it. Transiting Moon has just completed a lunar return and begun a new one, at the same time she was moving to the Full Moon which occurred on the 12th at 11:35 UT. This again will activate your tenth house

Jupiter also squares transiting Sun. The Sun rules your Lot of Fortune, so if anything is going to affect your luck, this is it, as Fortune can signify Chance changes. Given that it's Jupiter and Sun involved, the effect should be a positive one.

I've assumed that all these planets are active at the moment, but without your natal details, I can't be sure on that. Transits only tend to take effect if the transiting or receiving planet has been activated. By profection you are in a Pisces year So Jupiter is certainly active and that would activate Moon by transit. You may have one or more of the others activated as well.

The first Saturn Return will hopefully also have positive effects. I found mine liberating not in any way limiting. Once again, your Return is ruled by Jupiter.

obeygravity

Jupiter opposition Uranus will be one of the most prominent aspects of 2017 and it is like the thank the lord aspect as it can suddenly change your luck, everything can turn around in any moment. It is the energy of an awakening something inside of you and your luck can change overnight, it will be one of the most prominent aspects of 2017 and will cause added tension and challenge to the Uranus Pluto Square that has been activated since 2011.

Since the transiting Jupiter/Uranus is your 1st and 7th house.. it may have something to do with relationships or partnership (business or not) or Lawyers.

This is actually something I've been reading up a bit on, however mostly from the transit Uranus conjunct my natal Jupiter. It seems like a lot of the consensus for aspects between those planets is "Well things can and probably will get weird and there's no real way to plan for any of it" :laugh: I'm going to take some more time to look into what this opposition in transit could have to do with (though I suspect in terms of the relationship aspect I've already experienced the first strange turn last year).

I'm not particularly a fan of aspect patterns. What is more important is the aspects themselves, in this case between the transiting planets and natal planets, and talso between the transiting planets themselves.

There are some interesting features here. The most important one is Jupiter transiting the first house. As this is a diurnal chart (Sun above the horizon), Jupiter is the Benefic of Sect. It's going to be experienced as a beneficial influence on you, in terms of body, mind and spirit. This is a good transit in life, things should be getting better.

This is actually the first time I've come across anything any information on the planet's placements being benefic or not depending on where the Sun is placed on the Horizon. Is it possible to be pointed in what direction to look to read more up on this?

Jupiter also squares your natal Moon in Cancer, so there may be issues relating to work and employment resulting from this transit, especially as your MC is in Cancer and the Moon rules it. Transiting Moon has just completed a lunar return and begun a new one, at the same time she was moving to the Full Moon which occurred on the 12th at 11:35 UT. This again will activate your tenth house

HUH! This is also the first time I've heard about this on my studies on the Jupiter transit through my first house. I've actually been doing a lot of reading on Jupiter transiting the first house because it's been there (and looks like it will be there) for quite some time.

Jupiter also squares transiting Sun. The Sun rules your Lot of Fortune, so if anything is going to affect your luck, this is it, as Fortune can signify Chance changes. Given that it's Jupiter and Sun involved, the effect should be a positive one.

I've assumed that all these planets are active at the moment, but without your natal details, I can't be sure on that. Transits only tend to take effect if the transiting or receiving planet has been activated. By profection you are in a Pisces year So Jupiter is certainly active and that would activate Moon by transit. You may have one or more of the others activated as well.

The first Saturn Return will hopefully also have positive effects. I found mine liberating not in any way limiting. Once again, your Return is ruled by Jupiter.

Would it be possible to ask for clarification for what a Pisces year is? You're also probably the first person I've come by that's mentioned PoF when it comes to transits and aspects from transiting planets so I think this will likely be something I'll look a bit more into as well - especially because it's in my 10th house.

This is all really interesting and has given me a lot to start digging deeper into!

Minderwiz

obeygravity said:
This is actually the first time I've come across anything any information on the planet's placements being benefic or not depending on where the Sun is placed on the Horizon. Is it possible to be pointed in what direction to look to read more up on this?

Dividing charts into day (Sun above the ASC/DSC axis) and night (Sun below the ASC/DSC axis) was one of the first key elements of Astrology but died out during the late middle ages, so it was there for perhaps 1,500 years. Basically there are two sects, the day sect comprises, Sun, Jupiter and Saturn of which Jupiter is the benefic (force for improvement and subjectively experienced as good)and Saturn is the malefic (force for outcomes which are subjectively experienced as bad or unfavourable).

The night planets are Moon, Venus and Mars. Venus is the benefic, Mars is the malefic. In a Day chart Jupiter is the most benefic being in a chart of its own sect. then comes Venus which is less benefic towards neutral, then comes Moon which is neutral, then Saturn which is neutral to malefic and then Mars which is the worst planet being out of sect. That is there is a shading between good outcomes (Jupiter) to bad outcomes (Mars). Mercury can be either Sect but is 'day' when it rises before the Sun and night when it sets before the Sun. This is a fairly simple way of picking out those planets which will work in favour, and in what areas of life that will occur (taken from the house placement). So your best outcomes will be where Jupiter is placed which would be the Seventh house (this system is base on using whole sign houses).

obeygravity said:
HUH! This is also the first time I've heard about this on my studies on the Jupiter transit through my first house. I've actually been doing a lot of reading on Jupiter transiting the first house because it's been there (and looks like it will be there) for quite some time.

Your natal Moon is at 10 degrees Cancer, transiting Moon is at 22 degrees Cancer, therefore within the previous 24 hours, the Moon had returned to it's natal position (lunar return) , so you could possible do some research on that . Jupiter was at 22 degrees Libra and is square the transiting Moon, almost exactly. It's a a bit wide for a square to the natal moon but orbs are a matter of subjective view. Taking twelve degrees as the orb is nor unreasonable, the daily movement of the Moon is 13 degrees average. and using semi-moieties would give an orb of 12 degrees. Modern Astrologers would be much tighter but there's no inherent reason why a tight orb should be used. A day's movement is nothing, imagine using a days travel as the orb for Uranus or Neptune or Pluto, or even Jupiter. As the Moon rules your tenth house (MC in Cancer) This transit of Jupiter is going to have some impact on tenth house matters. That could be your career, but it could also be other public actions on your part or it could be something that will be experienced more by your mother (tenth is the house of the mother and Moon is a natural significator of your mother). As the transiting Moon is in the tenth, this is an aspect dominated by the Moon, not Jupiter. (an aspect cast to the left by the Moon)

obeygravity said:
Would it be possible to ask for clarification for what a Pisces year is? You're also probably the first person I've come by that's mentioned PoF when it comes to transits and aspects from transiting planets so I think this will likely be something I'll look a bit more into as well - especially because it's in my 10th house.

I calculated the Pisces year based on profection of your Ascendant. Taking your birth date as 16th September 1987 (approx 12:40 pm UT but the local time will be earlier, by about 5 hours)

Profections move the Ascendant foreward one sign for every year. as it will have been in every sign by the time of your twelfth birthday, it starts the process over again. At age 29 you will enter your thirtieth year, and that is equal to two whole revolutions plus six more signs. That takes us from Libra to Pisces. Pisces is ruled by Jupiter, so this is a Jupiter year. Profections are fairly general approach. there are other methods of finding the Lord of a year, depending on the prediction method used That in turn depends on what you particularly are interested in forecasting.

Although the profection cycle repeats every twelve years and you can get some idea of how it will affect you by looking at what happened 12 years ago. Things are never identical because the transits will be different and at different times. But with a day chart and a Jupiter year, this should be a good year. relatively speaking

The Lot of Fortune gives some indication of how factors in the environment can affect you. It's the element of chance or fate in your life. Your Lot is ruled by the Sun as it's in Leo. It's ruler, the Sun is contained by Mars and Venus in Virgo. Mars is the more unhelpful planet in your chart, Venus is neutral to positive. So I'm guessing that you won't be feeling particularly luck in terms of your life so far. But the second part of your life is likely to be better.

obeygravity

Dividing charts into day (Sun above the ASC/DSC axis) and night (Sun below the ASC/DSC axis) was one of the first key elements of Astrology but died out during the late middle ages, so it was there for perhaps 1,500 years. Basically there are two sects, the day sect comprises, Sun, Jupiter and Saturn of which Jupiter is the benefic (force for improvement and subjectively experienced as good)and Saturn is the malefic (force for outcomes which are subjectively experienced as bad or unfavourable).

The night planets are Moon, Venus and Mars. Venus is the benefic, Mars is the malefic. In a Day chart Jupiter is the most benefic being in a chart of its own sect. then comes Venus which is less benefic towards neutral, then comes Moon which is neutral, then Saturn which is neutral to malefic and then Mars which is the worst planet being out of sect. That is there is a shading between good outcomes (Jupiter) to bad outcomes (Mars). Mercury can be either Sect but is 'day' when it rises before the Sun and night when it sets before the Sun. This is a fairly simple way of picking out those planets which will work in favour, and in what areas of life that will occur (taken from the house placement). So your best outcomes will be where Jupiter is placed which would be the Seventh house (this system is base on using whole sign houses).

Your natal Moon is at 10 degrees Cancer, transiting Moon is at 22 degrees Cancer, therefore within the previous 24 hours, the Moon had returned to it's natal position (lunar return) , so you could possible do some research on that . Jupiter was at 22 degrees Libra and is square the transiting Moon, almost exactly. It's a a bit wide for a square to the natal moon but orbs are a matter of subjective view. Taking twelve degrees as the orb is nor unreasonable, the daily movement of the Moon is 13 degrees average. and using semi-moieties would give an orb of 12 degrees. Modern Astrologers would be much tighter but there's no inherent reason why a tight orb should be used. A day's movement is nothing, imagine using a days travel as the orb for Uranus or Neptune or Pluto, or even Jupiter. As the Moon rules your tenth house (MC in Cancer) This transit of Jupiter is going to have some impact on tenth house matters. That could be your career, but it could also be other public actions on your part or it could be something that will be experienced more by your mother (tenth is the house of the mother and Moon is a natural significator of your mother). As the transiting Moon is in the tenth, this is an aspect dominated by the Moon, not Jupiter. (an aspect cast to the left by the Moon)

I calculated the Pisces year based on profection of your Ascendant. Taking your birth date as 16th September 1987 (approx 12:40 pm UT but the local time will be earlier, by about 5 hours)

Profections move the Ascendant foreward one sign for every year. as it will have been in every sign by the time of your twelfth birthday, it starts the process over again. At age 29 you will enter your thirtieth year, and that is equal to two whole revolutions plus six more signs. That takes us from Libra to Pisces. Pisces is ruled by Jupiter, so this is a Jupiter year. Profections are fairly general approach. there are other methods of finding the Lord of a year, depending on the prediction method used That in turn depends on what you particularly are interested in forecasting.

Although the profection cycle repeats every twelve years and you can get some idea of how it will affect you by looking at what happened 12 years ago. Things are never identical because the transits will be different and at different times. But with a day chart and a Jupiter year, this should be a good year. relatively speaking

The Lot of Fortune gives some indication of how factors in the environment can affect you. It's the element of chance or fate in your life. Your Lot is ruled by the Sun as it's in Leo. It's ruler, the Sun is contained by Mars and Venus in Virgo. Mars is the more unhelpful planet in your chart, Venus is neutral to positive. So I'm guessing that you won't be feeling particularly luck in terms of your life so far. But the second part of your life is likely to be better.

Wow! This is also the first time I've heard of profections and I think I'll definitely take some time to look further into that. A lot of what you touched on has been quite accurate (at least just in terms of my life up until this point, especially within the last year). I had to also think back to what was going on for me 12 years ago and I had just graduated high school. The year itself was pretty interesting with me just starting college though overall it was fairly uneventful. The following year, however, was an entirely different story ahaha

Thank you so much for this! It was really enlightening! Do you happen to have any good sources on further diving into understanding transits?