M'arse Says

Pixna

Can you tell us anything about the card stock you used? Also, what are the backs like?

daphne

Can you please tell the price for a deck?

Rhapsodin

I'm presuming that as the set is being done by Gamecrafter the card stock will be identical or very close to that used with the Resom deck (although the cards will be smaller).

If the colours come out anything as vivid as the Resom, even if the Maria Celia deck has been "weathered"! they're gong to be a feast for the eyes.

blue_fusion

Sorry for the late reply. Rhapsodin is right. The cards are printed by the Gamecrafter. I am just using this "early bird" promo to sell them at a lower price before I launch the decks in The Gamecrafter's website store.

The cardstock is the same as any deck's printed by the Gamecrafter - that is to say, quite good. The backs are actually in the sample attachments - the card with the red reversible design: http://tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71167&d=1405329176

As for prices (mods, am I allowed to post them here?), here they are:

US$36.99 for a deck WITH tuckbox + shipping
US$33.99 for a deck WITHOUT tuckbox (you just get the cards) + shipping

The "early bird promo" ends July 31, and after that, sets will be priced at US$39.99 and US$36.99, respectively, + shipping, and sold via The Game Crafter's online store.

Do PM me for other inquiries (shipping and all). :)

Rhapsodin

Excuse me asking, I'm a bit naïve on this. What's a tuck box?

Is it one of the boxed (like the DIY Resom) that has a flap at the top to tuck in?
Or is it some form of transparent plastic box that clicks together.

I'm asking because in the UK tuck=food and a tuck box is what people carry their lunch in away from home. I suppose they could also carry their cards in it....

blue_fusion

Excuse me asking, I'm a bit naïve on this. What's a tuck box?

Is it one of the boxed (like the DIY Resom) that has a flap at the top to tuck in?
Or is it some form of transparent plastic box that clicks together.

I'm asking because in the UK tuck=food and a tuck box is what people carry their lunch in away from home. I suppose they could also carry their cards in it....

It's the box playing cards normally come in. I think it's called a tuck box, because you "tuck" the top's flap inside the box. here is an image of one (found via Google): http://www.makeplayingcards.com/AttachFiles/WebsiteImages/Product_Show/FI_5646.jpg

Rhapsodin

Thanks for that. I've had one deck turn up in a little clip-together plastic box so I wondered if this was a new fashion. Looks like not!

blue_fusion

For those with copies of the Maria Celia, I'd love to see your pics of them (and if I could post them on my FB page?). I haven't got mine yet. :-/

PathWalker

Any more news on the "engraved" deck yet Lynryd?

PW :)

Chiska

For those with copies of the Maria Celia, I'd love to see your pics of them (and if I could post them on my FB page?). I haven't got mine yet. :-/

They truly are lovely!! I sent you pictures for another reason - but I was really struck at how beautiful the cards look on my natural stained oak table. They have such a warm tone that the natural wood background enhanced them.