Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 22 - #82

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 22
Number: 82

Symbol: DANCING COUPLES CROWD THE BARN IN A HARVEST FESTIVAL.

Simone

Oh yay :D

I like this image of simple joys!

The relaxing after a summer of hard work where things have to be done immediately, have to be timed exactly, and often have to be done all at the same time, in blazing sunlight and conditions where we'd usually just like to lay back and relax (the heat). The work had to be done, heat or not, sweat or not, discomfort or not, because survival in winter depends on it.

Now that all is done, we can relax and celebrate. Time for play, the work is done.

"Zuerst die Arbeit, dann die Freude" is a German saying meaning first the work then the play, roughly translated - and I bet it comes from those times where all the work had to be done to ensure further survival before being able to relax and celebrate and enjoy!

Today it reminds us of two things:

- not to eternally celebrate because that becomes boring, even if had work like in olden times is no longer required to survive

- but also, not to forget to play for those who overzealously pursue the fulfilment of duties.

We can enjoy our harvest, but not only.

it talks about a healthy balance between work and play, in both directions. Celebrate when there is something to celebrate, but also do what has to be done!

tink27

Simone has expressed this symbol well.

I'd like to reinforce what she has said here.

After Symbol 21 and now 22, my thoughts went immediately to a painting created by Alex Grey called Gaia – the earth is alive!

http://www.alexgrey.com/a-gallery/gaia.html - Note: Industrialization on one side, Nature on the other. (Mother Earth and the Tree of Life)

In this symbol as Simone pointed out, what we don’t see is the hard work, the patience and long hours it took to cultivate ‘the fruits of these peoples’ labor’. Ohh just imagine the unpredictability of mother earth and its ever-changing seasons. Farmers that cultivate the land are aware of every leaf’s structure, every seed and every blade of grass. Earth speaks strange, disturbing, enlightening things when you learn to listen. Nature ‘knows’ what will happen tomorrow.

Togetherness Blends With The Emotional Expression of Spirit

Tonight the combined effort of families, husbands, wives and I’m sure the children are celebrating, joining together in dance, music and song within the structure of a barn (roots of consciousness) . Imagine this barn in contrast with the setting sun, painted against a salmon-colored sky with streaks of brilliant orange, purple and pale blue. Perhaps the full moon will shine in all its glory tonight, marking the end of a cycle and taking us back to the beginning…of being in harmony with ourselves and with everything else.

tink

MCsea

Simmone - yea I love this too!
love that you said -
Now that all is done, we can relax and celebrate. Time for play, the work is done. -- "Zuerst die Arbeit, dann die Freude"
We can enjoy our harvest, but not only.

Tink - LOVE that pic Alex Grey - Gaia – the earth is alive! WOW - pretty powerful stuff! very alchemical!

Dr Jones - Key Word Gregariousness
Part of Body Upper arm
Numerology 82
Element Clear Apophyllite

This symbol is a really physical symbol for me, dancing movement, rhythm, circles, sound, music, instuments, singing, light. A couple of people who have this as their jupiter symbol are reflexologists - FEET - dancing in spirit I guess.. Also its a seasonal symbol, indicating a time frame in an oracle reading - autumn... the reap what you sow phrase comes into play here...

Air - light - soft meaningfully happy

Marina

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 212

tink27

purple_scorp said:
I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

This picture talks! It came right out and said to me "all that discipline, structure, responsibility and pacing has paid off! If it's left you feeling a bit lethargic, get out and reconnect with trusted friends and support systems.....step back now and see the bigger picture....trust the process and get moving!!"

tink

purple_scorp

So what does celebration actually mean? I think it depends on who you are, as to how you celebrate. I've used this photo as a way to display that celebration/joy is like a lot of other emotions - very subjective.

You see, these people in this barn look to me as though they are very conservative people - very structured and routine in their normal lives - so, when they come to celebrate, they carry that structure into their celebration. And that's why this barn is not that crowded. Each couple still has a fair bit of space around them - so although it is a celebration, it is still fairly structured - not really one where they are letting their hair down (which is my idea of a celebration). But these people also look like very hard workers and this is their play time. This is how they let their hair down. Just because it differs from my celebration style, doesn't make it right or wrong. It just is what it is.

This card reminded me of a trip I made to Tasmania at Christmas time, early 80's. I travelled with my mother, a younger sister, and my mother's friend. Tasmania is the smallest state in Australia, and it is separated from the mainland by water - so it's kind of an island.

On New Year's Eve, we were staying at a small country club and went to the local restaurant to celebrate. There was a three piece band playing that consisted of two men (a guitarist, a drummer) and a woman (organist). At a guess, I would say their average age was 55. Now, I had just turned 18 and had been frequenting nightclubs, back in my home state (Victoria). And here I was young, hot and ready to trot, on my first New Year's Eve where I was legally allowed to drink - stuck in some little town with a room full of very conservative people.

Notably, my attention was drawn to the only table in the restaurant that had people of my age. It was a family - the father, mother, and four daughters. The father (who I later found out was the local doctor) got each of his daughters up, one at a time, to dance. Were they enjoying themsElves? Were they celebrating? To me, it seemed very contrived, as though they were pretending to celebrate - in order to fulfill the social obligation/expectations of a well-respected local doctor's family. But perhaps this was just my perception. Needless to say, I was back at the motel and in bed by 10pm.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
So what does celebration actually mean? I think it depends on who you are, as to how you celebrate. I've used this photo as a way to display that celebration/joy is like a lot of other emotions - very subjective.

You see, these people in this barn look to me as though they are very conservative people - very structured and routine in their normal lives - so, when they come to celebrate, they carry that structure into their celebration. And that's why this barn is not that crowded. Each couple still has a fair bit of space around them - so although it is a celebration, it is still fairly structured - not really one where they are letting their hair down (which is my idea of a celebration). But these people also look like very hard workers and this is their play time. This is how they let their hair down. Just because it differs from my celebration style, doesn't make it right or wrong. It just is what it is.

This card reminded me of a trip I made to Tasmania at Christmas time, early 80's. I travelled with my mother, a younger sister, and my mother's friend. Tasmania is the smallest state in Australia, and it is separated from the mainland by water - so it's kind of an island.

On New Year's Eve, we were staying at a small country club and went to the local restaurant to celebrate. There was a three piece band playing that consisted of two men (a guitarist, a drummer) and a woman (organist). At a guess, I would say their average age was 55. Now, I had just turned 18 and had been frequenting nightclubs, back in my home state (Victoria). And here I was young, hot and ready to trot, on my first New Year's Eve where I was legally allowed to drink - stuck in some little town with a room full of very conservative people.

Notably, my attention was drawn to the only table in the restaurant that had people of my age. It was a family - the father, mother, and four daughters. The father (who I later found out was the local doctor) got each of his daughters up, one at a time, to dance. Were they enjoying themsElves? Were they celebrating? To me, it seemed very contrived, as though they were pretending to celebrate - in order to fulfill the social obligation/expectations of a well-respected local doctor's family. But perhaps this was just my perception. Needless to say, I was back at the motel and in bed by 10pm.

with love
purple_scorp

Reading this wonderful story I can't help but wonder how it would feel to be torn between options and/or possible actions, expecially when it is due to the power dynamics of the situation around us. We may feel compelled to act accordingly but ohh wouldn't it be fun to let our hair down once in a while and just have fun!! But what would the neighorhood say!!

I can symphathize with you here purple_scorp, I think all of us as teens have gone through this phase. But we all toughed it out. The one's I feel sorry for are the doctor and his family. THey're kind of hostages there.

Remember the movie Footloose? This kind of reminds me of it here.

tink :love: