signs in corresponding houses

214red

Hi,

I am learning astrology and we have just started the houses, however i noticed that 6 of my signs are in their respective houses, does this mean anything?
Signs in correct houses:
4th
5th
6th
10th
11th
12th

i know i will learn it in a few months but i am impatient!

any input is appreciated
Nik

Maggiemay

Hi Nik,

That is a very interesting question!

I am not sure but my guess would be that those 'dignified rulerships' ( probably not the right expression...) would tend to give your chart a more 'organic' feel since it would be in accordance to the 'natural' flow of the zodiac in general.

Do you have a Pisces or Aries ascendant?

I'm curious to hear everyone else's answers to your question.

Best regards,

Maggie :)

FoolToThink

I've always wondered about this as well, since I have an Aries ascendant. Maybe the sign traits are more pronounced/easier to pin down?? Like if you had a planet in Capricorn and also the 10th house, it would be verrrrrry Capricornian...?

214red

am glad its not a dumb question :)

I am cancer with Taurean Asc
funniliy enough i decided to do an astrology tarot reading, using the houses. i found it funny that i have Leo in the fifth house which is its natural ruler, and i pulled the empress!

Maggiemay

214red said:
am glad its not a dumb question :)

No Worries there! I'm in 'charge' of the dumb questions around here! hehehe

214red said:
funniliy enough i decided to do an astrology tarot reading, using the houses. i found it funny that i have Leo in the fifth house which is its natural ruler, and i pulled the empress!

Cool. I should try it one day.

214red

Maggiemay said:
Cool. I should try it one day.

its lots of fun, because i know more about tarot then i do astrology and helps me understand sometimes...or simply confuses me more!

Maggiemay

214red said:
its lots of fun, because i know more about tarot then i do astrology and helps me understand sometimes...or simply confuses me more!

LOL... you're funny!

Actually, I also refer to Tarot to understand Astrology and vice-versa. It helps me often times because I am very 'visual'..lol

How do you like your astrology course so far?

I think I need to take one myself as I am seriously starting to reconsider my whole 'autodidact' approach to this rather complex science otherwise known as Astrology!

Good luck,

214red

i like it because my teacher makes astrology come to life, she also relates it to things you can understand.
i tried with the books and got the gist but never got that far with it, but in the group its fun (we have quizzes) and it is good to bounce off other people and apply the stuff to life

Minderwiz

Yes this is a good question.

Personally, I don't place any importance on this at all UNLESS you are using the Greek system of whole sign houses, and even then I'm not sure what weight I'd give it.

Even if you use the Western whole sign system of houses, at least part of the sign following the one on the cusp, is within the House. Once you move on to Equal space or Equal time systems of Houses, then it's quite possible to get intercepted signs, two houses with the same sign on the cusp, etc. The link between signs and houses in the sense implied in the question is broken.

What matters is where the planets are both by house and sign.

The modern psychological view attempts to simplify as much as possible, hence the so called ABC system which believes that Mars = Aries = First House (and so on). The abler psychological Astrologers actually do warn against taking this view too seriously. It's better to use the traditional term 'co-significator' which implicitly shows that the sign and house are not the same thing.

Now, Mars is better placed in Scorpio, where it has more dignity (and Saturn in Aquarius). And its favourite House placement (it's Joy) is the sixth and if you look at the Joys of the other planets, they don't correspond with the Sign/House number.

In other words a lot of nuance and meaning is lost if you go down the ABC path and whilst it may make Astrology easier for the beginner, the chances are that even when they become acomplished, those who started with that system will keep to it and miss out on the wider stuff. It leads to blinkered vision.

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
Now, Mars is better placed in Scorpio, where it has more dignity (..) And its favourite House placement (it's Joy) is the sixth and if you look at the Joys of the other planets, they don't correspond with the Sign/House number.

Mars 'happy' in the 6th house?!! Well, yet another thing I did not know.

Geez! Do I know nothing in astrology!? ( big sigh)

Thanks,