Rider-Waite in a tin box?

Laura Borealis

I had not noticed that the tins were to be pocket sized. I am taking hope from this description of them being a little taller, to mean that the images are of the proper aspect ratio. My pocket standard RWS is my go-to RWS, but it has always bugged me that the images are squeezed down a little to fit the card size, rendering figures ever so slightly on the stout side. If that is indeed the case, that they have fixed this, I am going to snap up that tinned Centennial like bugs to a frog.

I didn't realize that about the pocket standard RWS. If that's the case with these new pocket decks in tins, that is a deal-breaker for me.

Shade

A friend just returned from Readers studio where she was able to purchase the Pamela Colman Commemorative in a tin despite the fact that they are still not up on the site.

3ill.yazi

A friend just returned from Readers studio where she was able to purchase the Pamela Colman Commemorative in a tin despite the fact that they are still not up on the site.

So are they pocket sized? Squished aspect ratio?

Madrigal

Been checking the website regularly in hopes this will go up soon. USG said May but that could be anytime in the next few weeks. Have you seen your friend's deck to be able to get a feel for the ratios?

LavenderLibra

**Following*

I never bought the PCS set--but this is so tempting.....

3ill.yazi

Just so people understand what I mean by the aspect thing --as it might not bother some people, here's AT images of the standard and pocket sized, with the pocket sized blown up to better compare the aspect ratio. It makes the figures look a little shorter/fatter.

HQYhBJM.jpg

Le Fanu

In the mini Albano Waite, it is even more pronounced - they are really quite squat and stretched.

But the pocket RWS decks I have (I have a few), I find the proportions are kept pretty intact.
I'm really looking forward to the PCS commemorative set in a tin. I bet if I saw the Radiant in a shop I'd buy it even though I don't even like the deck :D

gregory

In the mini Albano Waite, it is even more pronounced - they are really quite squat and stretched.

But the pocket RWS decks I have (I have a few), I find the proportions are kept pretty intact.
I'm really looking forward to the PCS commemorative set in a tin. I bet if I saw the Radiant in a shop I'd buy it even though I don't even like the deck :D
You would. It's CUTE. I know you like cute })

Le Fanu

I'm actually trying to psychologically prepare myself to love the Radiant, preparing myself for when I stumble upon it in a shop so I don't have to feel torn and can just buy it with no fuss.