General Madame Endora questions

.traveller.

How do you use your cards? Do you have multiple copies of the deck that you use at the same time? Do you use it in conjunction with other oracles or tarot cards? Those of you that have had your cards for a while, how well have they held up?

I am curious so I hope a few people will share their experiences. My cards are already showing wear and tear, even though I treat them gently and don't use them everyday. The black edges are chipping and showing the white beneath, I wish they had thought to print on ivory stock for just this reason.

Chronata

I have only a single copy, that does get a lot of use!
But they haven't really shown any wear (yet!)
It is one of the few decks that I don't rifle shuffle with, so that might be the reason.

As for how I read with them...intuitively and symbolically. I rarely use the keyword phrase, mostly ignoring it for general event readings.

I have used them in combo with the Hanson Roberts...on rare occasion with the Gothic (which surprisingly doesn't work as well as you might think...)

and it's the middle teenaged sister in my Three Sisiters Oracle readings...between older sibling the Psycards and the younger sis,the CLOW.
That is the most successful combo!

But they work great all by themselves too!

.traveller.

Hmm, I wonder if my set was cut with a dull blade because I don't riffle shuffle either and the wear only appears on the back edges. The face sides are pristine. Maybe if I rub some burnt incense ashes into the worn areas, that will dull the bright white. Guess it is worth a try... can't look much worse.

I wondered how they worked with the Gothic since I read so many recommendations for reading them together. The Gothic doesn't really appeal to me even though I like spooky stuff. Thank you telling me, now I don't feel like I am missing out :)

silverwings94

Has the study group for this deck ended? I was hoping to join it if it is.
Silverwings94