6 of swords and 9 of pentacles

Ethereal

Need help on this one . How would one read this in regards to
what another person truly meant to them ? i read them RX next
to each other , as air and earth clash. i saw that this person felt the other
was who wasn't going to be there to help them escape whatever was
mentally troubling them, escape wouldn' t be possible.this person wasn' t
going to provide them with a comfortable place/ home of her own
to go to, that source of welcoming wasn't really there.
I used rw deck. thanks all!

PAMUYA

If dealt upright I would read them as such. Meaning this person is not part of thir current journey, but they do think highly of them, they were everything that they would desired if times were different.

Ethereal

Thank you, pamuya! Such an interesting insight. i guess i read
it wrong in the RX position. how did you read it upright, though
the elements clashed? I considered reading them upright, as they
were, but i looked ar the elements, and they clashed. it wasa 3 card
reading, and the last card didn't clash with the middle one.

Not sure sometimes how to read ED's in a 3 card reading. ok, I
digress...... yes, i initially read it the way you did, before i read the
ED thing. both made sense to me, actually, my first take, like your's
i think was more accurate. anyhow big THANX! You helped me, alot!
Trying to learn as i go.....

Yes, of things were different, so true in this instance! another reason
how you read it made complete sense to me.

canid

Were they actually physically reversed? If not, I'd read them as upright. I see it as someone feeling a narrrow but necessary escape, to a much better place. Alone, but still better & content within themself.

rwcarter

If you're looking at the cards from an ED perspective, they aren't necessarily read as reversed. The center card would be weakened by the flanking card.

If the 9P were the center card, the interpretation would be more along the lines of they feel like whatever contentment they might feel (9P) with the other person would be colored by their own past experiences of abandonment (either them doing the abandoning or them being abandoned).

If the 6S were the center card, then the interpretation would be more along the lines of the other person wouldn't be there for them in times of trouble (6S) because they'd be too busy off doing their own thing (9P).

From what you've said, the meaning of the center card was either strengthened by the third card or was neutral to the third card.

HTH,
Rodney

Ethereal

canid: no they were upright, not reversed. yes, i can see that take on these cards. and, i think i should have read it upright. escaping to a much better place, narrow escape, alone and better content within themselves. def going to a better place and frame of mind. thank you!

RW carter: trying to wrap my head around what you said. lol. i think i will leave the ED'S to the experts! lol. like you and starrystarrynight. i found her posting on ED's so helpful, too. sometimes it's hard to grasp. and i only did a 3 carder! forget a larger throw! the center was the 9 of pents; question. how did you get/see abandoment issues here? that whatever contentment they may feel with the other person, abandoment make come into focus. THAT really took me by surprise, because i never would look at the 6 of swords that way. just wondering , and trying to learn more. thank you for that insight on this!

rwcarter

RW carter: trying to wrap my head around what you said. lol. i think i will leave the ED'S to the experts! lol. like you and starrystarrynight. i found her posting on ED's so helpful, too. sometimes it's hard to grasp. and i only did a 3 carder! forget a larger throw! the center was the 9 of pents; question. how did you get/see abandoment issues here? that whatever contentment they may feel with the other person, abandoment make come into focus. THAT really took me by surprise, because i never would look at the 6 of swords that way. just wondering , and trying to learn more. thank you for that insight on this!
As the 6S can be seen as moving away from a troubled space/place to calmer waters and that movement is supposed to weaken the interpretation of the 9P, abandonment is what came to mind. Could be that instead of hanging in there when the going gets rough (as the two folks do in the 5P) that either the person you were reading for or the person being asked about has a history of leaving the situation at the first sign of trouble.

Again, I wouldn't necessarily use that as my primary interpretation for the 6S, but as the ED relationship is an unfriendly one, that was the first thing that came to mind to weaken the contentment shown in the 9P.

HTH. If not, feel free to ask more questions.

Rodney

Ethereal

Thanks once again for you help rodney! Could this be read
as the person in the 6 of swords boat (rw deck), didn,t
get the help they expected, such as they may in essence felt
"abandoned, " by 9 of pents person? I read one person as
6 swords heading to the other person, in the 9 of pents.

Hope that makes sense. i kind of read this as pamuya saw it
however, i like your perspective on this , to. any suggestions with
help on how to read ED's? I am trying to understand it, read a
few things about them, but i do get confused. lol!
Does * weakened, * mean RX?

rwcarter

Take a look at the ED Study Group index to see a list of threads where we've looked at various ways to read elemental triads in various focus areas. Feel free to bump any of those threads if you have questions. Interest from others would get me posting more study group threads.

In this particular example, if you're reading from an ED perspective, the woman in the 9P is the central figure not the people in the boat in the 6S. So the interpretations are from her point of view. (The Study Group threads show how changing the order of the cards, and therefore the central card, can drastically change the interpretation.) From an ED perspective the folks in the boat would be heading towards her to weaken her. The first example I can come up with is a successful woman (9P) who has to suddenly take care of a dead sibling's orphaned children. Or an older successful woman whose child and grandchild are forced to move in with her. In both cases the weakening would come from having her serene peaceful life turned upside down (or at least disturbed) by others.

In my original interpretation, I hadn't taken into account the direction in which the woman and child in the boat were heading. Instead I was focused on the fact that they were heading away from a bad situation. That's the behavior I saw as abandonment.

Rodney

Ethereal

Thanks again, rodney! I will definetly look at that. thanks for sending
me the thread! not wanting to go into the whole reading, but it was a
situation where someone was trying to escape a bad situation. so, having
read what you wrote, it made sense because this person was heading towards
a very 9 pents person;and in the rx/weakened, the person in the boat could
of caused upsetment in her life; at least if you look at it from 9 pents persons
perspective, right? Don't know if i made sense, rambling on.lol

so, was it correct to read it upright or rx? For example if you had
air/earth/earth. is it an absolute to read ed's only if all cards clash,
Or, if only two cards clash like that example? Maybe i should stick with
only reading RX when the cards are actually RX. LOlL

now i am confusing myself, hopefully not you to!