Orphalese Tarot Software

gregory

purple_scorp said:
Hi gregory,

Ah, I have a really slow dial-up connection and it doesn't crash for me......there's an advantage that I hadn't counted on.

Are you saying in Compare Cards that you are limited by the number of different decks you can display at the one time? I don't think you used to be......but you always had to check/uncheck them on that first tab.

with love
purple_scorp
Yes, I am saying exactly that - I used to check all and they would all show up. now they seem not to (maybe I have more decks than anyone else - but I only have about 25..... as I recall.... so far }))

And I too am on slow dial-up.....

gregory

purple_scorp said:
Hi redflash,

when you install the software, it should create those folders.

When you install an upgrade, it loads a funny looking deck back (yellow with black diagonal stripes). You are supposed to right click on the deck to get the menu, and select Deck, then search for where your decks are stored. (Which usually just means clicking Browse and going to the C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\Packs folder.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you need more help.

with love
purple_scorp
I never got none funny looking deck never in my life. I just upgraded and it was as if I hadn't ecxcept it had improvements, if you see what I mean ! Odd.

redflash

I managed to sort my decks out but when I go into my Tarot of Dreams program & then into the extras folder, there isn't anything to do with orphalese in it, just screensavers, wallpapers, etc.

gregory

redflash said:
I managed to sort my decks out but when I go into my Tarot of Dreams program & then into the extras folder, there isn't anything to do with orphalese in it, just screensavers, wallpapers, etc.

On the CD is the deck..... Copy it across !

redflash

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

I've done it !! Thanks for your help everyone. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s.- gregory, I can just about handle zip files, but only just !!

xxxx

gregory

Bumping thread as someone just asked about Orphalese... I still use it - not least to compare decks - though for that you do have to subscribe. Well worth the fee.

The basic programme is FREE. What more can one ask ? ANYONE can try it out.

Here's the site.

purple_scorp

Hi gregory,

how timely....I was just using Orphalese, right then, when you posted!!!

It's the best tarot software out there, in my opinion!

with love
purple_scorp

Barbaras Ahajusts

I love my Orphalese software to type up my readings! I can print it up with or without the card pictures.

Creating spreads are so darn easy. 1, 2, 3! In fact, I just found a spread in the Tarot for love & relationships that I want to put in my Orphalese. I must admit, I have so many oracles in it, my tarot decks are jealous! :laugh:

I just thought of a tarot deck I would love to play with & that is the Granny Jones tarot. Although it's out of print.
Boy that would be cute with a nice background to contrast it. Oh yeah, putting backgrounds in is so darn easy too!

And to think...it's a free program!

:DBarbara

Disa

All right well, I downloaded Orphalese into this laptop and I am having a hard time figuring it out. Do you have to register if you only have the free version? I don't want to buy a subscription until I know I can use the thing.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Go ahead & register. I can't remember, but it seems you have to.

Barbara