Thoth Magus Cards

manda78

I got a new Thoth Deck, and it came with three different versions of the Magus card~ kinda cool I thought, and was wondering if anyone has the deck, and which one you use, or if you use all three??
Thanks
Manda

krompony

Hi Manda -

I'm pretty new to the Thoth and a book I recently purchased actually pictured the wrong Magus card! The correct one is pictured on the Muller deck, and there is a website that shows the cards but I don't have it handy at the moment. If you do a search for "sites that show the whole deck" in this forum it should take you right to it. Best of luck to you,

kp

thinbuddha

I prefer the Magus with many arms over either of the others. Don't use all three- the extras are just for fun. Choose the one you like and use it. The "approved" version is the one who looks like he is standing tip-toed on a surf board ;)

-tb

Shaymus

From what I've read, use the card with Mercury (wings on his feet shown on it). The 2 others were images that were rejected by the author of the deck. That's what I've read anyway. But, go with your intuition.

Happy readings
Shaymus

manda78

yeah

That is the card I chose :D
thanks
Manda

Shaymus

Glad to help

Shaymus

thinbuddha

Tell me it doesn't look like he is standing tip-toed on a surf board!

Whichever one you choose, the interpretation (and symbolism) are the same.

-tb

Abrac

Hi manda78

I've got a deck with three Magi. I like the traditional Magus best. After viewing all three, I find the artwork on that one the most interesting to look at; but that's just me. I haven't really studied the other two at any length yet to determine which one I like best beyond the artwork.

-fof

Zephyros

I use the "approved" version out of loyalty to Crowley:)

However, I have heard of people using other versions, or all three.