Tarot of Dreams and the tree of life

dantarot

I got my ToD today and have immediately begun to enjoy it. For anyone still waiting, it's probably good to know that they seem to arrive at various times...mine took 10 days within the US.
Earlier in this discussion I heard someone say there was going to be an online ToD study group which I want to participate in. My first question is one that I wouldn't have expected. I know little about the Tree of Life/Kabbalah, but this deck is prompting me to learn more. My question is about the placement of the Magician (I). I had always thought it was between the 1 and 3, but here it's the path between 8 and 10. Maybe one was Levi's view and the other Golden Dawn? Since I don't know much about the whole thing, maybe I'm not even asking a relevant question! Perhaps someone may have some ideas on this or be able to refer me to threads already discussed about the Tree of Life since this isn't a question specific to ToD.

Aeon418

Is the Magician the only card in a different position ? Or have they all moved ?

Lee

For the Tarot of Dreams, I have used my own system of assigning cards to paths on the Tree. The guidebook included on the CD contains a lot of info about all of the esoteric symbology used on the deck.

For info on the Kabballah in general, there is a "Kaballah and Alphabets" forum here, under the "Tarot History and Iconography" section.

But for my particular system, the only available info is in the guidebook on the Tarot of Dreams CD.

-- Lee

mercenary30

I don't know if this is mentioned in the documentation, but I noticed that on each of the majors, two of the four circles that are found on the border art, contain the numbers of the sephiroths that the card falls between. They are also situated so as to depict the direction that the path that card represents is labled on the Tree of Life that is shown with the pack.