Kudos Mini Lifestyle Tarot Kit

Little Baron

The minors are pips and I see what you mean about them being repedative. However, the colouring is quite soothing and I like how the Majors and courts stand out amongst them - not always so obvious when minors are illustrated.

I have seen many of these kind of 'kits' and prefer this one to many I have seen, artistically. I think it is definitely the one I saw (the larger one) in the supermarket a year or so ago -wish I had picked it up now. If I saw it again, I think I definitely would. I don't think it it is that difficult to get hold of if I wanted it though. It seems quite available and cheap on the web.

The cardstock is just thin cardboard - is the larger one like that? The back design is like the cover of the book but in black and white and is not reversable.

LB

Attachments

• cachet minors.jpg
    cachet minors.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 133

Asher

Hi LB,

I dug out my larger size cachet set to compare with the mini that you mentioned. I also like the pips in this deck, although I have not read with it. They are quite attractive.

The cardstock, while being a bit thin, seems to have some sort of light coating. It sems like it would hold up to use.

The backs on my deck are black and white and would be reversible, except for the animal head in the center of the disk (I just noticed this, I thought the backs _were_ reversible).

All in all, a nice attractive deck for the price, though I think the book has litle to recommend it except for full color illustrations. Simple divinatory meanings are given, and the spreads include the celtic Cross and the Star Spread. But no instructions on how to use the spreads, only position names are given.

Asher

GoldenWolf

I don't have this deck (yet -grin), but someone (not me!) had opened one of the small sets at the local Walden's so I did take the opportunity to look at it. I would agree with Asher regarding the quality of cardstock so it's not a huge issue unless you are planning on making your primary deck. It is compact and the box is sturdy enough to protect the cards from damage. I think it would make an excellent travel deck for that reason.

I liked the vibrant colors of the Majors. In particular, I liked their version of the Strength card. It had a young woman and a lion, but the lion was rolling on his back as if he wanted a tummy rub. I thought this was an interesting departure from RWS imagery which shows control of the instinctual nature. Our instinctual nature likes color, images, and play in general so "play" with a purpose is an excellent way to coax our instinctual selves into doing what our rational selves desire. Strength is a card I often look at in judging if I want to buy a deck or not so I was pleasantly surprised by this offbeat image.

On a practical note, it seemed to be a good set for the low price. Just talking about me has me wanting it again (shakes head).

Cerulean

Oh, glad it was Cachet Tarot in small version!

The small version looks more attractive, jewelike in contrast to the bigger set that I had once.

Nice to hear a pocket version is available.

Regards

Cerulean

Little Baron

I think I might just keep it in the bottom of my bag.

Very often, I have a deck with me. I carry so much old junk about with me that a deck doesn't really compromise me in any way - it's usually a RWS, a Morgan Greer, sometimes a Marseille and recently, my lovely BBC deck in its new slim travel tin. However, sometimes I do forget. And it is always those times that I forget that I end up talking to someone about tarot and they ask if I have cards on me. Even though, I don't see this as a deck I would use all the time, I think it might be quite refreshing to use it on those occasions.

LB

Lillie

Looking at the site that showed the big set, I noticed there were two different pics of it.

Why is this?

Are there two different versions of the big one?

Some of the cards look so beautiful...

BTW Little Buddah, Which supermarket was it?
Just so I can keep a look out for it.

Here are pics so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• cachet1.jpg
    cachet1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 114
  • cachet2.jpg
    cachet2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 117

Little Baron

It was in Asda, Lillie.

LB

Lillie

Hmm.

I go to ASDA every week. (The bane of my life!)
I've never seen them there, perhaps they will appear one day. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Thanx

Little Baron

I think it was part of one of those special arrangements - for Mothers Day or something like that, so keep an eye open around those kind of times.

LB

Lillie

I most certainly will do.
The box looks so beautiful, and the major cards do too.
I would certainly get it for the price it seems to be sold at!

Thanks