The Fairytale Tarot

Genna

It´s not my place...but noone has mentioned this fantastic site( I believe),so I feel I must.I can´t wait ´til this deck comes out(this automne!).
http://www.fairytaletarot.com/

firemaiden

I can't wait! :D

Eco74

I adore the look of this deck.
There are a few fairytales there that I recognise aswell that are somewhat out of the ordinary, and the choices look great from the look of the example cards.

Though nothing less to be expected really since Karen and Alex are the creators. ;)

HearthCricket

What a gorgeous deck! I love fairy tales. Does anyone know who is publishing the deck or from whom it will be available?

baba-prague

HearthCricket said:
What a gorgeous deck! I love fairy tales. Does anyone know who is publishing the deck or from whom it will be available?

Yes, it's us (as in Magic Realist Press) and it will be sort of "normal" prices (I mean $20 for the deck and $35 for the set, although I think some places already have discounts) and available from bookshops.

But, I am slightly thrown as I wasn't planning to say much just yet (I tend to have some blocks about showing cards for the first time - not sure why) and suddenly it was discovered on "Creation". Hence the temporary page as I put it up in one hour flat tonight (it's almost midnight here). But well, it's an exciting way for it to suddenly be launched on the world - but please forgive me if I don't say much more tonight.

I'll try to organise to put the titles up somewhere, as the mapping of the tales to the cards is of course important in this deck. We have combined very well known tales with much lesser known ones - and in every case we've kept to the old tales, the authentic versions rather than any modernisations. So I should say, it's dark at times - but it's that full range of light and dark that's important in fairy stories.

Anyway, er, em, yes, not sure what to say and I'm falling asleep!

I am really pleased to see the deck being discussed at last though - it's been in the making for months and months now, and sometimes it's been hard not to say more.

ps - and Genna, of course it's "your place" LOL - actually it's sort of good to get us over the bump of finally showing this.

Rhiannon

Oh! This is lovely. I really liked the Whimsical too, which was loosely the same idea, but this one seems much more grown up, if you can say that bout fairy tales. :D Can't wait to see more!

BobTheViking

I find myself wondering what it would be like to do a reading with this deck. A Fairy Tale deck might seem on the surface to be just yet another novelty deck, but I just can't bring myself to see it that way. Making cards with long-loved stories behind them strikes me as a fabulous idea. Gives the reader yet another source of meanings to draw from. If I were to get this deck, I'd definitely want to make sure I got to know all the stories inside and out.

baba-prague

Many thanks for putting up the links. However, I am going to add the link to the Fantastic Menagerie Kit, as it has the name of the person writing the companion book - a name you may recognise :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0954500776/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

(sorry, one of those madly long links)

Well, this HAD to be written by someone who has a French background we felt - plus of course a great approach to tarot.
But is she around now? I think she may be away?

Edited to add - must say I have just frantically updated the Amazon listings, which should be more accurate in a day or two - I didn't expect all this to be looked at quite yet!

Sulis

Once again Baba and Alex have done it.

I think I may just have to get this one :)

Love

Sulis xx