The Fairytale Tarot

Cerulean

I know what you mean about using fewer cards...

...as I'm working with my Animals Divine deck very personally and one card may become a 'host' or gathering place for many associations. This is a deck that I can journal my impressions and associations in a separate journal

If the FairyTale deck is like that for me, that will be great!

Hope the card size allows us to dream of the detail as well.

Thanks,

Cerulean

baba-prague

Cerulean said:
...as I'm working with my Animals Divine deck very personally and one card may become a 'host' or gathering place for many associations. This is a deck that I can journal my impressions and associations in a separate journal

If the FairyTale deck is like that for me, that will be great!

Hope the card size allows us to dream of the detail as well.

I think it will be an excellent deck for journaling - or for any usage where people want to go into each card quite deeply. Each card carries a whole story, and most of them are very resonant and layered in their own right. One problem we had was deciding which single moment to choose to illustrate from each tale, but of course if you take the image on a card as a starting point and look at the whole tale, then all sorts of pathways open up.

SIze? It will be the same as The Baroque Bohemian Cats and the Tarot of Prague second edition, which means it's a little larger than Lo Scarabeo cards, but not too large to shuffle. We tried to take lots of opinions here when we set this size for BBCats, and it does seem to work, a good mid-way point between too small to show off the image, and too large to handle.

However, I will say that the artwork is very much in a traditional Central European fairytale style which means it's detailed, but not highly so, and the images should be shown off well at this size.

HearthCricket

I can't wait. Time to pull out all my fairy tale books and read them all over, again!

baba-prague

I've been in seventh heaven, reading HUNDREDS of stories and able to call it work LOL.

I'll try to get a bit more up on the website over the weekend. The cards are mostly done, but there is a lot of polishing to do - as ever.

HearthCricket

baba-prague said:
I've been in seventh heaven, reading HUNDREDS of stories and able to call it work LOL.

It must have been torture! Feel free to create a Dickens Tarot, someday! :D