An interesting way to determine time

Alaanya Crae

Astraea Aurora said:
I still quarel with myself over the swords and pentacles. I'd like to go with the elemental association based on the cardinal points - starting at cups / water / spring, going anti-clockwise to wands / fire / summer, and that makes swords / air / autumn, pentacles / earth / winter. It's nice and I can see the reason behind it but it doesn't feel good - so I switched swords and pentacles and now I'm fine :D

I have to agree, I was born in an Autumn month and all my life have been associated with earth signs......and to me, a blade is cold and hard, like winter months. So cups/spring, wands/summer, pentacles/autumn, and swords/winter make more sense.

re-pete-a

ACE'D....OOPS,Just realised the ace's are used,only the kings are left out.That will take the KINGked look away from the previous posts.
________
Motorcycle tires

Astraea Aurora

Alaanya Crae said:
I have to agree, I was born in an Autumn month and all my life have been associated with earth signs......and to me, a blade is cold and hard, like winter months. So cups/spring, wands/summer, pentacles/autumn, and swords/winter make more sense.

Hey Alaanya Crae,

same here :D, I'm a Virgo and have always been associated with earth. I immediately think of harvest and falling leaves when I think of earth. It has nothing to with the coldness of winter time - which is perfect for Swords.

But I can only repeat that everyone shall use associations that make sense to him. :D

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Zingara12

Phew!

Thanks, Apollonia, I loved the suggestion of timing by Astraea Aurora (thanks!), but it is always so hard to determine...

So let me ask, would you just figure this out by the last card of a spread?

Zingara12

a blade is cold and hard, like winter months....

We can dicuss this until the cows come home... I was born in Dec. I am a Sag...FIRE SIGN.... There goes that theory.

wind

Zingara12 said:
We can dicuss this until the cows come home... I was born in Dec. I am a Sag...FIRE SIGN.... There goes that theory.

Well, the winter officially begins on 21st of December - which is also a beginning of Capricorn:)

Astraea Aurora

Zingara12 said:

I say it depends upon your comfort zone. If you think one single card can answer it on its own, then it will do the job. But in the end you can always draw as many cards as you like.

Personally I think the limit is three cards cause matching these three cards, that suggest at worst very different time lines, can be pretty hard. More than three cards simply gets me confusing.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Apollonia

Zingara12 said:

Personally, I always use at least two cards, so that I can place the timing between two dates. This has given me the best results. (One thing to note is that, for me anyway, the two cards do not necessarily come up in the right order, so some intuition is called for as well.)

Alaanya Crae

I think that's what I love about tarot is that it is open to interpretation.....we are able to use our point of veiw to make sense of the archetypes we see. I guess it's the virgo in me that likes to make sense of obscure things. lol

Zingara12

Winter cuts like a sword (knife)... Plus steel is COLD

I dunno everyone was telling me their interpretation of the suits and seasons, I just kind of chose one and made little sayings like the above to remember them, so they are mine. Like everyone always says, interpret them as you like, but stick to it.

Sooooooooo Kings don't count? But I know on here that I was not the only only one who counted 13 weeks in a season. 9 weeks in 2 months plus 4.5 weeks...13.5 weeks.

Am I going nutts? Hypothetical question folks ;)