Bohemian Gothic-The Star

Krystophe

Incidentally, excuse my tardiness in discovering this curious forum. Is anyone still here?

Thirteen

Krystophe said:
Incidentally, excuse my tardiness in discovering this curious forum. Is anyone still here?
Some of us come by now and then to see what's new. But time between posts is days, weeks or even longer sometimes. That might change when the 2nd edition arrives.

greatdane

Thank you, Thirteen!

When I asked about a companion book for the Bohemian Gothic, you sent me the thread. I was going to wait to check out study groups for the BG til AFTER I got my deck, but as I can see the cards, thought I would start going through this group's thoughts re the Majors while I'm waiting for my deck :).

The Star was where I decided to start. I see the Star here as being very self-assured, confident, cool and distant. I see her as knowledgeable, yet always searching, always learning, open to new thoughts, new ideas. Like a fountain, her stream of consciousness always moving, always aware.

Thirteen

greatdane said:
When I asked about a companion book for the Bohemian Gothic, you sent me the thread.
You're most welcome--and welcome to our study group!

The Star was where I decided to start. I see the Star here as being very self-assured, confident, cool and distant. I see her as knowledgeable, yet always searching, always learning, open to new thoughts, new ideas. Like a fountain, her stream of consciousness always moving, always aware.
There is certainly great thoughtfulness in that pose with her hands atop her head. You can almost hear the trickle of the water behind her, and we know how that sort of sound can make us muse and think.

greatdane

Hi Thirteen!

I don't know how much I see the Star as an aquarian, even though I'm one. I based my thoughts on just what the image said to me.

I have to say I don't fit in with what some have said their aquarian experiences have been. I do agree with the distant coolness, aquarians are known to be more of a big scale (get involved with causes, social issues), love humanity as a whole, and can be more cool and distant in some of their one on one relationships.

I don't really seem to be the type of aquarian who is not a people person. I was a sales and marketing director before becoming a uni advisor. People seem to tell me things their family and friends don't even know after talking to me for a half hour, without my asking. I am extremely rational and logical and can be dispassionate when I need to be. I'm the type of person who is good at calming people.

I do love alone time and it's very easy for me to be alone and not feel lonely. Maybe I feel that way about the Star...she's alone, but doesn't seem lonely.

Thirteen

Star is "Pure" Aquarius....

greatdane said:
People seem to tell me things their family and friends don't even know after talking to me for a half hour, without my asking. I am extremely rational and logical and can be dispassionate when I need to be. I'm the type of person who is good at calming people....I do love alone time and it's very easy for me to be alone and not feel lonely. Maybe I feel that way about the Star...she's alone, but doesn't seem lonely.
Sounds very Aquarian to me. And very like the Star image there. Remember, however, that when we say the Star is "Aquarius" we mean pure Aquarius.

YOu are not pure Aquarius. You're Aquarius with whatever other sign rising, and whatever other moon sign, and this or that sign in Mercury, Venus and Mars. She is emblematic of that rising sign, that part which enjoys the alone time, which people trust and talk to because you know how to calm them, how to help them see long-term rather than short term. And, to be fair, she's only associated with Aquarius in Golden Dawn type decks. Astrological association with the cards is always arguable.

This, by the way, is why a lot of readers can say that they identify with the Queen/Swords (some see her as Aquarius as well) and have her as their signifier even if they're not an Air sign. We identify with the court card (or major) that represents us as a whole, not our rising sign which is, typically, only a part of all that we are. It may be a significant part, but it's still only a part.

greatdane

Good Point, Thirteen

Too right. There is so much more going on with all of us aquarians! Where we were born, time, we're all different. Plus if you through in our chinese astro sign (I'm a metal tiger!) that makes it even more interesting :).

I do sooo get what you mean, which is what was confusing to me as to others mentioning aquarians in their posts, as aquarians may have some general traits in common (or not!), but there are so many other factors. I do somewhat identify with the Star, as in she seems she can be dispassionate and looks quite contemplative.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the direction of these threads re the BG, Thirteen! It is so helpful as I'm waiting for my very first BG, in fact my very first, Magic Realist deck! As the companion book isn't available, it's helpful to read all your thoughts here!

Blessings,
GD