Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aquarius 17 - #317

purple_scorp

Yeah! Thanks SIA for getting tink and I all creative!!!

tink, I think the design that SIA created for you is so appropriate, and it really suits you.

I finally posted my picture for the symbol. It is of an Australian dog legend! Dog on the Tuckerbox.

This dog sat faithfully guarding the tuckerbox (place where food is stored) and other possessions, while his owner went to seek help from being bogged near the river. Sadly, the owner never returned so the dog died.

But it's a great story of faith and loyalty on the dog's behalf!

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp that is one of my all time favourite Aussie REAL LIFE stories..
so glad you bought that up..

MARINA

tink27

Wow! Thank you purple_scorp, this story has changed my whole perspective of this symbol! I love it when that happens! I understand now.

I also found this story that just wrenches at one's heart.....

I found it at http://andrewlanderyou.blogspot.com/2005_09_02_andrewlanderyou_archive.html ......

A LOYAL rottweiler seems to be re-enacting the legend of the dog on the tuckerbox in outback central Australia.

The dog has refused to leave a water tank at a rest stop on the Stuart Highway, 150 kilometres south of Alice Springs, for six weeks.
Resident Henni Zwerwer said the dog appeared to have been dumped but was patiently waiting for its owner to return.

"He'll accept food from people but he won't actually get in the car," Ms Zwerwer told ABC radio.

"I think he's very loyal to one person. He's just been sitting there.
"Rottweilers are very, very loyal creatures. In the meantime he's been there for six weeks and he is starting to lose condition."

The legend of the dog on the tuckerbox was born around the 1850s near Gundagai in NSW when bullockies would get bogged and the dog would guard its master's tuckerbox while he was away seeking help.

I've attached a picture I painted, again when my daughter was small. The dog that actually posed in the picture was a Labrador Retreiver, but the dogs frame was too small. So instead I imagined him to be a St. Bernard.

In this painting, this beautiful stately, loyal and faithful animal was and still is my daughter's spirit guide.

....by the way, the Labrador and my daughter were inseparable!!!

tink :love:

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 237

mooncat2

:) Another gorgeous picture, tink, thanks for sharing...............I can imagine the dog giving his whole heart to your daughters protection........he looks so steadfast and focused.

These dog stories are real tear jerkers...........one of my favourites has always been Greyfriars Bobby........the true story of a loyal Skye Terrier who remained by his master's grave for fourteen years. It was made into a film which I've wept my way through several times. :(

Hello Sweet Irish Angel...........welcome to the Sabian Symbols.......love the creativity and the results you, tink & purple_scorp have achieved. Way beyond this sadly computer challenged person!

:love:

purple_scorp

tink,

your paintings always make me want to cry. Not because they are sad, but because it shows a real expression of you and your feelilngs. I just want to give you a big hug.

(((((tink)))))

Have you enough of these paintings to make that Oracle deck????

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Thank you mooncat2 and purple_scorp! Your both very kind!

mooncat2 said:
These dog stories are real tear jerkers...........one of my favourites has always been Greyfriars Bobby........the true story of a loyal Skye Terrier who remained by his master's grave for fourteen years. It was made into a film which I've wept my way through several times.

I couldn't agree with your more. This sounds like a wonderful story, mooncat2, http://www.greyfriarsbobby.co.uk/story.html when I looked at the picture it's so similar to 'the dog on the tuckerbox!

purple_scorp, you and this oracle thing (giggle). Ohh I have a few more pictures that will definitely fit it with the symbols but an oracle deck, yikes! These paintings didn't take a couple of hours, they took a couple of months..for each one! Not sure if you noticed, but my daughter who was about 2, was desperately trying to tie up her shoe! Her guardian the dog looked on with faith, support and loyal admiration.

I do have a couple of ideas for some other paintings but there's no way I could paint them so little onto a card.....these will be quite a bit bigger than that. But...they can always be scanned into card size...right?

I'm just not sure if this what I'm supposed to be doing now. These painting I'm showing are the past! Not sure if I'll be able to pick up where I left off. I've got so many projects (remember that jack of all trades purple_scorp?...well that's me too) started but none of them anywhere near to be completed!

purple_scorp

Hey tink,

well, given that you said that some of your paintings were on cavas taller than you......;) I can appreciate all of the time and energy that goes into creating them.

It's just that, this painting, along with the other one of your daughter and her hobby horse, is so.......well, I could just see it on an Oracle card.......titled "loyalty" or something similar.

Yes, I did see that the dog is lending a hand (paw) in support of your daughter's trials. You have captured the whole thing beautifully.....her determination and concentration to get the job done, right down to the overseeing spirit guide who is encouraging and gently supporting her.

Come on........I have a crystal ball and I can see an ORACLE DECK with your name on it! :) I'm an excellent editor if you want someone to proof-read the accompanying book.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
Come on........I have a crystal ball and I can see an ORACLE DECK with your name on it! I'm an excellent editor if you want someone to proof-read the accompanying book.

Oh oh, I feel a fire in my belly! You're inspiring me girl, let's think on this!