Liber 418 Study Group - 30th Aethyr TEX - test thread

Owl Tarot

It's not ideal, but I reckon people who don't have actual printed versions will be able to manage.

It's nice to know that real books still have some advantages. ;) :laugh:

I personally love having both a printed and an electronical version, but when I take books for more serious studies and meditations I prefer to do it with a book, take foot notes with a pencil, move around with it easier, turning pages etc.

Just posting this here as an introduction to the Aethyrs posted by Aeon in another thread, but which I think will be pretty useful to understand where Crowley was getting at with the Aethyrs and provides pretty helpful background information:

http://hermetic.com/crowley/confessions/chapter66.html

You could put a link for it in the OP as well Grigori, it is a nice place to start I think.

Always Wondering

Thank-you Grigori for getting right on this. I was all braced to be patient. :laugh: I have been very much looking forward to this.

Aeon418 said:
But I would recommend that people take in the big picture of each vision first before going over it with a fine tooth comb.
I would really appreciate this approach.

AW

Grigori

One reliable online source is the official O.T.O. pdf's of The Equinox. Liber 418 is the Special Supplement at the end of issue 5. The text is accurate and it has the little drawings too, along with the alphabet of daggers diagram in the 19th aethyr.

Has crappy formating spaces though, I'll have to tidy it up to make is copy and paste-able.

What do folks think? Is it worthwhile copying and pasting and assigning some kind of labelling, or better to just direct link and people can make it clear what they are talking about within the body of their comments? Perhaps I'm over complicating something that should be simple :laugh:

Aeon418

What do folks think? Is it worthwhile copying and pasting and assigning some kind of labelling, or better to just direct link and people can make it clear what they are talking about within the body of their comments? Perhaps I'm over complicating something that should be simple :laugh:

I'm easy either way. :) But then I'm already familiar with Liber 418 and own multiple printed copies. So it's not a big deal to me how we go about the study group. My main concern is for people who are unfamiliar with the text that are forced to rely on online sources.

For the ease of discussion I think a common reference would be helpful. It would cut out a lot of potential confusion and also the need for repeated quoting. Personally I think what you did with the vision from Sacred-texts.com was fine. I don't think it matters that the text is not always 100% accurate. Any serious mistakes are easliy correctable and links to other versions can be provided. If a particular vision contains images they can be found in one of the various online PDF's.