The Transparent Tarot

RussianSoul

Brilliant idea and very nice implementation!

If there is a list of people wanting a copy, please put me on it. Very impressive!

6 Haunted Days

gregory said:
I don't care about what NUMBER deck I get - but if there's a queue, the earlier you stand in it, the less the chance of losing out when the artist cannot face making any more (as happened with one other deck I know of...)
I can wait. But I do want to be sure of getting one :D

Yes, exactly! = )

Netzach

gregory said:
I don't care about what NUMBER deck I get - but if there's a queue, the earlier you stand in it, the less the chance of losing out when the artist cannot face making any more (as happened with one other deck I know of...)
I can wait. But I do want to be sure of getting one :D

Yes, and me. This is an extraordinary concept and, I think, will take one more deeply into intuitive reading. I suspect that they won't be easy to read but that, with practice, readings will go deeper than with many other decks. Wow!!

MrsOnePotato

Sidhe-Ra said:
tomorrow, I get to play with my friend's laminator- (who got very confused by the idea of laminating acetate!)

Cool idea, and quite an interesting design challenge!

How did the laminating test go? (I'm as confused as your friend about how this would work...). Do the cards really need laminating...is the surface fragile?

Can't wait to see more!
MrsOnePotato

gregory

How else could you preserve them - what else is that transparent and the ink would still stay on - I'm not aware of ANYTHING so indelible that you can't get it off acetate in the end.... :bugeyed: (I have even in desperation cleaned indelible inks off acetates when we had no sheets left for an OHP presentation.... and I'd hate to try and draw a deck with so-called indelibles with no possible chance of altering a card a bit....)

Tara2007

Oh, yes, if I didn't say it before....put me in line as well!

Just an idea....but as soon as you get a full deck made...do you think you could do a reading on any topic you pick....and post it, so we can have a chance to work with this wonderful deck asap?

Sidhe-Ra

2 new cards

Such a response! Thank you everyone! :)

Laminating experiment went very well today. The cards are only a little flimsy, and if I can find slightly thicker acetate, they'll be perfect. They also give a lovely 3D effect when you start layering them, and it makes a difference to the image which order they are layered in. There are almost infinite possibilities! :)

Todays cards are the fool and the Magician. i might fiddle with the rose on the Fool so that it lines up better with the dragons on the Magician, but here they are as they stand for now...

Plus I have included a couple of combos, including everycard completed so far combined! I only ever intended up to four to be read at once, but it's quite fun. :)

Blessings,

Em xx

Attachments

• fool.jpg
    fool.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Magician.jpg
    Magician.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 0+1.jpg
    0+1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 285
  • combined 0+3+4small.jpg
    combined 0+3+4small.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 297
  • combined 0+1+3+4+9+19small.jpg
    combined 0+1+3+4+9+19small.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 280

RussianSoul

WOW! That looks amazing!

Sidhe-Ra

moved the rose

Thanks russian soul!

Just a quick note: I've moved the rose to correct the problem.

Em xx

Attachments

• 0+1.jpg
    0+1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 292

Chronata

I really love they way they layer altogether! Wow! Such an incredible dream-like image occurs!

You are Brilliant!