an interesting little article

DraagonStorm

That is an interesting article....

I had a girlfriend in high school that, that would happen with.... But even more so.... I would just finishing dialing her number, and before it would ring, she would pick up the phone to call me, or visa-versa. It happened so often that if I or her picked up the phone to call the other one, and there was no dial tone, we would just say hi, knowing it was the other one on the other end, who just finished dialing.

BB
DraagonStorm

Deana

My grandmother, years before call-waiting or caller i.d. or any of those devices, on an old black rotary phone that she rented from the phone company, would frequently experience telephone telepathy. She was a Gemini, so if she was home, she was often on the phone (if she'd had internet, she would have been a junkie). She'd suddenly say, "Oh, I have to go. Mary is trying to call." Then she'd hang up and two seconds later the phone would ring and it would be Mary. This was a daily experience for her. She told me she heard a "clicking" that told her someone was going to call, and who it was, but it was years before there was such a technology available.

Milfoil

Oh definately, I know lots of people who experience this sort of knowing, me too, particularly at home but sometimes at work and especially when its a grumpy customer you've been expecting a call from.

Dave's Angel

Just resurrecting this one...! :)

As a teenager living at the family home, I used to experience something broadly similar. I would be upstairs with my music on, and through the music I'd swear blind the phone was ringing. So I'd leg it across the landing and down the stairs to get the phone, and I'd be half way down when I'd realise, "Hang on a sec, the phone ISN'T ringing!". Feeling stupid, I'd go back up to my room.

And I can guarantee you, before I'd got back in through my door, the phone would ring. Every time. It got to the point that before turning round and going back upstairs, I'd just loiter on the stairs for 20 seconds or so.

celticnoodle

Dave's Angel said:
Just resurrecting this one...! :)
As a teenager living at the family home, I used to experience something broadly similar. I would be upstairs with my music on, and through the music I'd swear blind the phone was ringing. So I'd leg it across the landing and down the stairs to get the phone, and I'd be half way down when I'd realise, "Hang on a sec, the phone ISN'T ringing!". Feeling stupid, I'd go back up to my room.

And I can guarantee you, before I'd got back in through my door, the phone would ring. Every time. It got to the point that before turning round and going back upstairs, I'd just loiter on the stairs for 20 seconds or so.
glad you 'resurrected' this one, as I found it interesting to read, though I missed it when it was first posted. I have this happen to me frequently. Even when I'm traveling, and either my hotel phone or my cell phone rings, I generally know who it is before I can see the number or answer it. I have a way of "knowing". When I was a teenager and would want my boyfriend to call me, all I had to do was get into the shower--as odd as that sounds. I would do this purposely just to get the phone call from him, and it seemed to always work! As soon as I'd step into the shower, the phone would ring, and I'd get back out, dry off quickly & put my robe on, just in time for one of my family members to yell to me---" (Name) is on the phone!". :D Sometimes he'd be at work on his break, his friends house or at home, but it always worked if I wanted him to call! :D

Another thing that seems to work for me when I want someone to call is to find either a pic of them, or something that belonged to them and shut it in a door--(like the bedroom door). Then before you know it, (usually within a few hours), they either call on the phone or show up at the door! My mom taught me this trick and it works for both of us and my other sister! Or if I just concentrate on the person really hard, they will call me. In fact, when I do this with my daughter, she'll call me and when I answer, she'll say, "were you thinking of me again, because I just had this strong feeling to call you!" :D

Debra

Deana said:
My grandmother, years before call-waiting or caller i.d. or any of those devices, on an old black rotary phone that she rented from the phone company, would frequently experience telephone telepathy. She was a Gemini, so if she was home, she was often on the phone (if she'd had internet, she would have been a junkie). She'd suddenly say, "Oh, I have to go. Mary is trying to call." Then she'd hang up and two seconds later the phone would ring and it would be Mary. This was a daily experience for her. She told me she heard a "clicking" that told her someone was going to call, and who it was, but it was years before there was such a technology available.

Um...your grandmother probably did hear an actual physical clicking on the line. In those days--the days of renting phones from the phone company--most people had a "party line"--a telephone line shared among several households. You could listen in on others' calls, and in you could also hear as someone tried to call in.

Sushi

This happens to me all the time with my mom. =) I'll go to call her and her line will be busy, because she's trying to call me. So I'll hang up and a second later my phone will ring.

celticnoodle

Sushi said:
This happens to me all the time with my mom. =) I'll go to call her and her line will be busy, because she's trying to call me. So I'll hang up and a second later my phone will ring.
Sushi, sounds like you and your mother are really tuned into each other, just as my daughter & I are. We always seem to know when the other one is wanting to hear from us. I'm so intuned to her & vice/versa, that I can 'feel' when she has had a bad day at times even. It's really wierd! Though I do think it's a stronger pull between spouses or between parent & child, like for us.