Myers Briggs Types and the Court Cards

fairylights

I saw it above somme posts ago, yes, this way it's easy to understand I hope.

I just took a look at your link. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with matching up tarot suits with playing card suits and I'm having a hard time with figuring out which cards are which.

I would probably say that the cards and types probably convey different energies to different people so maybe it's best to let them figure out their own mapping systems for themselves. For me, I would say that ENFJ has a more king of cups energy and ENFP has a more knight of cups energy for example, which I don't see in your system, but like I said, everyone has their own understanding of this stuff.

kilavaish

Cup as Heart, Swords as spades, coins as diamonds as , pentacles/batons as clubs for tarot/bridge cards matching.

kilavaish

Can you explain what you mean by this please? I don't think I got it exactly. :)

what, where, who, when should each match a symbolic (sky/earth --> where, for ex) and also one of the 4 couple of letters in MBTI, but maybe it's a bit abstract, it was to illustrate that the letter sequence of mbti is not clear for me.

etceteri

I've been reading up on this topic for a while, but it seems that everyone has their own opinions, which makes me confused. @_@

Here's what I've learned:

Wands = artisans (SP)
Cups = idealists (NF)
Swords = rationals (NT)
Pentacles = guardians (SJ)

introversion: page or queen
extroversion: knight or king
perceptive: page or knight
judging: queen or king

Based on above, I know exactly who are cups and swords, but I am confused on wands and pentacles.

king of cups = ENFJ
queen of cups = INFJ
knight of cups = ENFP
page of cups = INFP

king of swords = ENTJ
queen of swords = INTJ
knight of swords = ENTP
page of swords = INTP

king of pentacles = ESFJ or ESTJ?
queen of pentacles = ISFJ OR ISTJ?
knight of pentacles = ESFJ or ESTJ?
page of pentacles = ISFJ OR ISTJ?

king of wands = ESFP or ESTP?
queen of wands = ISFP or ISTP?
knight of wands = ESFP or ESTP?
page of wands = ISFP or ISTP?

Did you read up on the all the MBTI types and court cards to match them? Or should there be a system? :/

Teheuti

I've been reading up on this topic for a while, but it seems that everyone has their own opinions, which makes me confused. @_@
Sometimes two systems that seem like they should correlate perfectly just can't be made to fit without cutting off toes and arms, etc.

Is the King of Cups (sitting on his island throne) really an extrovert?
Is the Queen of Wands really an introvert?

Studying the M-B system gave me some good language and conceptual frameworks for describing characteristics of court cards, but only if I didn't try to mash the two together in an inflexible system.

Barleywine

Sometimes two systems that seem like they should correlate perfectly just can't be made to fit without cutting off toes and arms, etc.

As a one-time oil painter, I know that if you mix too many colors together on your palette you eventually wind up with "grey." That seems to be the danger here in trying to shoehorn everything in seamlessly; what one of my old bosses used to call a "mish-mash."

etceteri

Is the King of Cups (sitting on his island throne) really an extrovert?
Is the Queen of Wands really an introvert?

Studying the M-B system gave me some good language and conceptual frameworks for describing characteristics of court cards, but only if I didn't try to mash the two together in an inflexible system.

That's a good perspective... :)