Religion and Tarot

8ofcuper

I don't think that there's anything evil about being not chirstian. I mean if being christian was the only way to God, then a huge part of the world are going to Hell. And where's Gods love in that?

boxxleman

For me, I believe God gives you the choice in whether you believe or not. If you're familiar with the Book of Revelations, I suggest you'd read it to give you more insight to your question.

8ofcuper

I really don't want a religion fight, so I don't want to say anything about the Bible. But I do belive in God, and I'm very spiritual. I think it's stupid to fight over God.

Gayla

boxxleman, I am a Christian. Born and raised in a southern baptist environment, but was always encouraged to live, let be and accept others as they are.

I believe in Jesus as the son of God and the savior.

Tarot has been a blessing to me in many ways, but it opened up my spiritual senses from a visual perspective. It helped me to realized talents I never realized I had within me.

I have travelled all over the world and made it a point to experience many type of religions. I spend a few years in South East Asia and I married into a muslim family while living in Europe. My faith in Jesus is strong, but I also believe the Lord reveals himself to different groups of people in different ways. I don't subscribe to the idea the only way to salvation is through Christianity. I truly believe God looks into our hearts. I've taken and learned something useful from every ethical and moral religion I have experienced or learned about.

As a Christian you might find this article interesting....http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13596.htm

:)

Teacups

VERY interesting article -- ! you know, seriously, absolutely ANYTHING can be turned into something 'spiritually unhealthy' if you USE it that way. Why oh WHY would anyone be afraid of a box full of colored bits of paper? Maybe what people are afraid of, is what's inside their head--afraid of exploring the un-used corners of their mind...afraid of what they'll find in the dusty corners of their heart

frelkins

I found that article pretty amazing. Of course most conventional Tarot reflects Christian themes! It was invented in a Catholic Italy after all! :) I am surprised the Catholic elements Pixie hints at in her illustrations -- she converted to Catholicism in later life after all, right? -- don't disturb these obviously passionate Protestant missionaries. . .but I'm trying to imagine the conversation between those guys and a Thelemite at the "psychic fair."

Teacups

ahem..... I honestly think a greater threat to Christianity would be the NFL

(imagine me ducking for cover after stating that!)

Teacups

8ofcuper said:
I think it's stupid to fight over God.

yeah, much less K-I-L-L someone over God

frelkins

asphodel said:
yeah, much less K-I-L-L someone over God
I think we can all agree that god / the goddess / buddha doesn't like that at all.

NightQueen

asphodel said:
ahem..... I honestly think a greater threat to Christianity would be the NFL

(imagine me ducking for cover after stating that!)
I think so to!