Favorite Hippie Deck?

Mallah

Oh, I know...about 10 years ago I was an elementary school music teacher...in the closet of the classroom there were about 500 LP's...and a phongraph. One day I pulled it out and the kid's eyes got as big as 45's...."Whoa...what's THAT??? How's it WORK???" I felt so...mature. LOL

Yves Le Marseillais

Strong Musics

I'm waiting for someone to ask what an LP is... :laugh:

Ha ha
Long Player

A vinyl disc of about 30 cm diameter.... like those (Import U.S.A) I bought by tenth in Paris.
During my Hard Rock period, Who, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purle, ect.... Plus Hendrix and Rolling Stones, Blue Oyster Cult and so on....

And you know what... I still hear this Music on CD now.

Rock on !!

Yves

Mallah

Ha ha
Long Player

A vinyl disc of about 30 cm diameter.... like those (Import U.S.A) I bought by tenth in Paris.
During my Hard Rock period, Who, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purle, ect.... Plus Hendrix and Rolling Stones, Blue Oyster Cult and so on....

And you know what... I still hear this Music on CD now.

Rock on !!

Yves

*Talkin' 'bout my...G-G-Generaaation!*

Rhoswen

@ Mallah...

I believe I still have the album In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. Somehow I "borrowed" it from my sister and never returned it.

Best make-out music ever.

Mallah

I myself became a man sometime during the 6 minute drum solo.....

Sword King

I myself became a man sometime during the 6 minute drum solo.....

I must have taken stronger stuff beforehand. I became a centaur, then a decorative lamp, then a cone of flashing light, then...

;)

Mallah

OH! That was YOU??? We were TOTALLY toastin' marshmallows over you, man!

Morwenna

Hey, we have about a thousand LPs, a few hundred 45s, and last I looked there were 3 working turntables.

I have TWO Iron Butterfly LPs: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and Ball. AND the 45 of "In the Time of Our Lives." ;)

Trying to figure which deck would be good to go along with "In the Time": you know, none of the decks I own are trippy enough! Maybe Moon Garden? (Time to plug in that ol' lava lamp...)

WolfSpirit

Hey groovy chicks and cats!

What's yer favorite hippie deck...this is the one that takes you back to the 60's and 70's...you know, the one that you can imagine yourself on the grass, while dozens of people whirl around you wearing feathers and bells? You notice I don't say "sitting on" the grass...

Albano Waite
Sheridan Douglas
Merryday...not sure if that counts but it looks and feels like one to me :)

Oh, I know...about 10 years ago I was an elementary school music teacher...in the closet of the classroom there were about 500 LP's...and a phongraph. One day I pulled it out and the kid's eyes got as big as 45's...."Whoa...what's THAT??? How's it WORK???" I felt so...mature. LOL

:laugh:
we had a white portable record player...with the speaker in the lid :)

Morwenna

Hey, we have about a thousand LPs, a few hundred 45s, and last I looked there were 3 working turntables.

I have TWO Iron Butterfly LPs: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and Ball. AND the 45 of "In the Time of Our Lives." ;)

Trying to figure which deck would be good to go along with "In the Time": you know, none of the decks I own are trippy enough! Maybe Moon Garden? (Time to plug in that ol' lava lamp...)

I just answered my own question in another thread: the Hexen 2.0. :) That's going onto the wish list!