The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid

Luna's Crone

I was wondering why this deck showed up in Affirmation decks on Hayhouse.com

Here is a description of the deck from amazon.com:

The suits in The Good Tarotare the four elements, with Air standing in for the traditional Swords, Water replacing Cups, Earth for Pentacles, and for Wands, Fire. A crucial difference from traditional decks is that the cards’ messages are all written as positive affirmations in the present tense, rather than forecasts, instructions, or warnings. Those who use the cards in the suggested way can integrate their energy immediately and personally.

I like affirmation decks, I've even made my own so I think i am going to pre-order it on amazon. I love her maps deck and the red deck so much, I bet the art is going to be just as amazing. It sounds to me like it's more of an oracle / affirmation deck that is based on Tarot system. Very interesting.

that would be good, cuz i have a hard time reading an oracle its more than 1 card. although i have been taking a mini-reading lesson on oracles every saturday. but i can't wait for the tarot to come out

Luna's Crone

BTW...she doesn't look all botoxed or anything now. Maybe she does things for larger audiences. But she looks normal now.

I will have to wait and see the cards as well, I really don't like pips, rather have full scenery minors.

FLizarraga

I can't see any scans there. I wish it weren't from Hay House....

To my mind, Hay House is too closely associated with Doreen Virtue for comfort.

Unfortunately...

To be frank, the oracles aren't half bad. I'm trying to stay positive and see what happens. I'm not holding my breath, though.

gregory

I have absolutely no quarrel with DV's oracle decks. I know they work very well for those who use them. I DO have a quarrel with "all positive" tarot decks, because tarot isn't all positive.

If this is an "affirmations" deck - even that isn't quite tarot, to my mind, that's a feel-good deck.

But I would want to see the art before I decided anything about it - like whether I want it, and whether I like it. If they hope people will buy it - they would be wise to let people see what they might be getting. There are some truly horrible decks in pretty boxes...

Luna's Crone

i never saw her decks to be happy. I like the way she does reversals on the Oracle of wisdom.

i thought at first she was pushy but the more i see of her, its just she is really outgoing, to say the least. I actually like her. but i need to see cards.

DV creeps me out

Laiste

i never saw her decks to be happy. I like the way she does reversals on the Oracle of wisdom.

I have the Oracle of Wisdom, I don't find it fluffy or overal happy at all. My first draw I did with it was rather confronting. I would say that it is more an encouraging deck, to look at yourself honestly and change your direction in a more positive way. I look forward what she created for her first tarot deck :)

Tanga

WHAT? No dark side?? :bugeyed:

**scratched off immediately - like Doreen.
(though I have recommended such to "fragile" persons).

Le Fanu

I'm so suspicious of these Hay House production line decks.

It's like, if you really have a tarot deck inside you, you do one and then sometime later - further on in your tarot journey, having gone deeper - you do another, then maybe things take another direction - I mean, you can really feel it when a tarot creator is exploring and experimenting on their tarot journey. And you can really feel ( and I do, intensely) when someone isn't.

Then there's the blunderbuss approach - just fire stuff out and hope you corner as many segments of the market as possible. Baron Reid decks are like this for me.

ana luisa

PICTURES !!! :)

Here are some pics of the cards in The Good Tarot.

Attachments

• 16864613_1418854581487644_1284230837928567991_n.jpg
    16864613_1418854581487644_1284230837928567991_n.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,258

gregory

Hm. Sits on fence. Thanks, ana.