ONE OF CUPS

daisy

CAN YOU ASK ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON'S FEELINGS OR DO THE CARDS MERELY REFLECT YOUR OWN? I asked whether a person honestly cared for me or whether he had "ulterior motives" and got the one of cups, 9 cups. I didn't use any particular spread, but simply focused on the question and drew some cards.

nexyjo

daisy (26 Aug, 2001 03:02):
CAN YOU ASK ABOUT ANOTHER PERSON'S FEELINGS OR DO THE CARDS MERELY REFLECT YOUR OWN? I asked whether a person honestly cared for me or whether he had "ulterior motives" and got the one of cups, 9 cups. I didn't use any particular spread, but simply focused on the question and drew some cards.

i think you can use the tarot for many areas. i also think they best reveal trends in the flow and currents of energy surrounding the querent. certainly, asking about another person's feelings is a valid query for the tarot.

in your particular situation, the one of cups could be indicating that new emotions are developing, though by itself, it may be unclear what those emotions might be. the addition of the 9 of cups, while more commonly a positive card in my mind, might indicate an over-indulgence, or more specifically, a self-centered motivation.

had i pulled these two cards for myself about a potential relationship, i'd be very careful. to me, those two cards would mean that this person has developing passions, but in the area of lust, and not necessarily love or affection. it might also indicate that this person is overwhelmed with these new emotions, and tends towards gluttony.

luv and light,
nexy

MeeWah

Agree with Nexyjo. In this instance, there seems to be a superficial aspect, a lack of depth.