Can Tarot really foretell the Future ?

ravenest

Chance may give us new and different circumstances, but how we deal with them is an unfolding, in some way, from our dna, background and character.

The DNA one is interesting.

I saw a doco on twins; in one instance, an adult male pair, who had very different lifestyles and lived in different parts of the world both developed a skin cancer on exactly the same part of their face ( the scientists studying them thought it was too much of a coincidence that they both HAPPENED to have that )

Also another two, similar age, one had an unhealthy life style, the other the opposite. The first developed a bad serious heart condition, they suggested his healthy brother have a check up, he laughed at that but went anyway ... and ended up having urgent surgery that saved him from a disaster that was about to happen.

So; heart issue or skin cancer - some things it seems, we may not be able to avoid ... yet all four of them had vast areas of free choice and different lifestyles and locations they chose to live in.

Some things can change and some things seem set out .... Ecclesiastes 3:1

Apparently I am not supposed to be dead yet ... I , and the police, have no explanation why, in my horror car accident I survived ... they even demanded from me where I had removed the driver's body to. Insisting I was the driver, they took me to the car, pointed to the drivers area and wanted to know how anyone could have survived that ... let alone have extracted themselves from the wreckage - I ended up with 3 stitches in my thumb and a bump on my head ..... owie!

And yes ... if it IS TIME ... death will hunt you down relentlessly (but dont jump of a cliff to test it ! )

So we need to find two things ; the limit of our circle of operation (which may be more extensive or more restrictive than we realise) and the area of that circle, within which, all sorts of things (but not everything) may be possible.

http://www.hroarr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/agrippa-human-pentagram.jpg

Zephyros

I don't think death stalks anyone. If it did, I should be long dead. I can think of at least three cases in which I was "supposed" to die in terrorist attacks, being on my way to wherever it happened and being saved by arriving a few minutes late. But I'm still here, and not on the edge of any cliff.

Teheuti

Her destiny chasing after her ? Showing that there's no point in trying to avoid it ? It reminds me of that movie were a group of people escaped a plane crash in which they were supposed to have died, and Death chased after each one of them, one by one, until they were all dead....
Why does every discussion stymie at this point of absolutism? Why should my comment, "I don't think we have as much free will as many of us like to think" become "There's no point in trying to avoid it"?

Personally, I think my stepdaughter could have avoided her "fate." People always saw her as incredibly lucky or blessed - until she wasn't. I heard more than one person comment that if she walked into a party where there was just one coke dealer, he would be instantly attracted to and woo her. How many times do we find ourselves walking in the same well-worn track, even though we thought we'd taken the other trail?

WhiteWolfy

I hope i am reading your comments correctly Teheuti but i agree in the fact that the universe will keep on delivering the message until we learn the lesson! I think that's where tarot can help us... Be the change, be the best we can be, be love, be compassion and be the understanding... well that's just my opinion.

Tehuti - I really hope you don't mind me saying this but maybe the universe was trying to give your stepdaughter a "wake up" call, saying c'mon let's do it differently this time, let us approach it differently. Let's view it from a differnet perspective...Just my thoughts... and no offence intended (I've repeated mistakes constantly, then banged my head against a brick wall and said "why did i do that AGAIN!"...

Why does every discussion stymie at this point of absolutism? Why should my comment, "I don't think we have as much free will as many of us like to think" become "There's no point in trying to avoid it"?

Personally, I think my stepdaughter could have avoided her "fate." People always saw her as incredibly lucky or blessed - until she wasn't. I heard more than one person comment that if she walked into a party where there was just one coke dealer, he would be instantly attracted to and woo her. How many times do we find ourselves walking in the same well-worn track, even though we thought we'd taken the other trail?

Amanda

I think because the question framed for this thread was a Yes/No kind of question so a Yes/No answer is being argued and looked for, and I think a lot of us know that you can't really do that when it comes to tarot. It's both Yes and No, and maybe Something Else.

ravenest

I don't think death stalks anyone. If it did, I should be long dead. I can think of at least three cases in which I was "supposed" to die in terrorist attacks, being on my way to wherever it happened and being saved by arriving a few minutes late. But I'm still here, and not on the edge of any cliff.

Thats not what I meant .... I have 'miraculously' survived a few times , it appears, so have you. That is where I postulate 'it isnt our time yet' ... not that death stalks one during those times.

But I was postulating, when it IS time ... its time, and not much can stop it (thats what I meant about death staking one ) ... just from my limited observation of people surviving the near impossible odds and others getting smeared regardless of precautions or avoidance.

Of course the older we get ... the closer the stalker gets 'behind us' .... its not something we can avoid ... it eventually catches up and is inevitable.

ravenest

Because some peoples psychological makeup works that way

A: X = 7 ! ... So why doesnt X always = 7 ?

B: Because X can be = to 7 , or not = to 7 .

A: But .... X does = 7 ! Doesnt it ? or it might tomorrow ... or maybe you are seeing a 1 and not a 7 or maybe ....

B: Yes, thats right X can be = to 7 , or not = to 7 .

But .....

:rolleyes:

ravenest

I think because the question framed for this thread was a Yes/No kind of question so a Yes/No answer is being argued and looked for, and I think a lot of us know that you can't really do that when it comes to tarot. It's both Yes and No, and maybe Something Else.

:)

It is a curious phenomena ... especially for Tarot which is not a digital system at all , but depends on analogies, symbol, metaphor and .... apparently, intuition and a potential mixed-bag of mysticism, fortune telling and hunches.

It just doesnt work within a dualistic mindset ( stick them together , mystical and rational ... and it is a hard path to reconcile.

And by the way ... I demand to know whether that cat is dead or not BEFORE I open the box !

< Shakes box up and down ... listens ... > there has GOTTA be a way to figure this out ! ?

Nikita_

When someone keeps ending up having the same kind of " accident" or experience, it isn't about luck, or even about determinism-psychology and psychoanalyses, beginning with Freud, explain that very clearly as patterns in our brains, DNA, or whatever you want to call it, that draw us to the same situations or people in a fatal attraction mechanism, like the daughter of a drunk who always ends up with alcoholics, or the daughter of a wife-beater who invariably ends up with violent men. And the coke dealer instantly going for her...well, I'm sure I am not breaking the news to you, but she was probably a coke addict and drug addicts are always attracted to each other, they recognize each other and it's like a magnet for them....just like a woman is attracted to the same kind of men without realizing it-be it an alcoholic, a cumpulsive liar, or simply someone who will betray her constantly. And, talking about DNA, compulsions and patterns-which can come from our ancestors or family tree as well, according to some theory which I find very interesting -maybe it wasn't Death stalking your stepdaughter, but her stalking Death....

PS Read Anne Scutzenberger's " The Ancestors Syndrome ". Enlightening.

Nikita_

Your time hadn't come, that's all. And you live in a part of the world where " being stalked by Death " is quite easy.