if you had to pick....

GotH

Okay, so it sounds like there's a lot of Queen of Wands wanna be's here. But may I ask, isn't it easy to be a QoW? She's sexy, attractive and active but the other Queens can be too in their own way. I almost feel like the QoP is the mature QoW. Like she said, "I'm tired of running around. I've done all that already." I just want to enjoy my castle now. LOL!

As for the QoS, it's like she WAS the QoC at one point but is now singing that one song from Alice Cooper (No More Mister Nice Guy) and said NO MORE MISS NICE GIRL! She got her butt kicked from being in love and giving her heart so much that she grabbed her Sword and said, "No one is gonna mess with my heart anymore!" She learned her lesson not to give so much.

stone_lotus

I'm torn between the Queen of Cups and the Queen of Swords. The former attracts me for her emotional intelligence and the latter for her intellectualism. These are the feminine traits I value most in myself.

The Queen of Wands is exciting and I like her. We'd be friends and she'd be the one motivating me, planning our trips, getting me to try new things, calling me up and saying "So like hey there's a time travel convention or something in an abandoned warehouse next town over, road trip, road trip, PLEASE? Let's go let's go let's go!"

I see the value in the Queen of Pents but to be absolutely honest, she brings to mind traditional and restrictive gender roles that conjure up unpleasant emotions for me.

cardwitch

As for the QoS, it's like she WAS the QoC at one point but is now singing that one song from Alice Cooper (No More Mister Nice Guy) and said NO MORE MISS NICE GIRL! She got her butt kicked from being in love and giving her heart so much that she grabbed her Sword and said, "No one is gonna mess with my heart anymore!" She learned her lesson not to give so much.

Wow, nice insight! :thumbsup:

I see the value in the Queen of Pents but to be absolutely honest, she brings to mind traditional and restrictive gender roles that conjure up unpleasant emotions for me.

Same here. I know she has her positive aspects, but growing up under a Fundamentalist mother has given me an (admittedly unfair) aversion to this Queen. I see this feeling as something I need to mature out of. (It doesn't help that the Coins/Pentacles suit is the suit I feel the least connected to. It goes along with sensing being my weakest function. Something to work on!)

Flames

Well...the Queen of Pentacles has been stalking me...so, out of respect, I need to make mention of her, here... :)

...but, my :heart: these days rests with the Queen of Swords. She can be terribly misunderstood...She's so sharp and her :heart: is true and genuine. She just keeps it guarded and only reveals to those whom she finds worthy...because she's been bruised and wounded more than a few times. I absolutely love how she claims that sword, how she's able to dissect and analyze with impeccable Reason! She can also be an artist - a writer. She's great with words...piercing and cutting, with the stroke of her pen!! Who can mess with her?? Noooobodyy. She's got people all figured out even before they've opened their mouths.

I'm an air sign...though in the past, I identified with the Queen of Cups. My sun is in Gemini and my moon is in Cancer (air/water), so I guess that makes sense.

Tanga

"Astrological sign matching personal choice on Queens"

Pam O;4126951Also curious how people's choices match their sign?! I am an air sign said:
I'm an earth sign through and through - I have 5 planets in Capricorn. I was born on a full moon so there's the water influence, and I have Gemini rising which is air. No glimpse of fire anywhere...
But - I wanna be the Queen of Wands! (should write a song. Lol) - with a small pull towards QoP because I'd love to have a handle on all that cash.

I'll tell you what - My mother is the perfect Queen of Pentacles and I have some knee jerk reactions to repeating some of her patterns (surprise, surprise).
I see myself as a Page of Pentacles.

Tanga

"If you had to pick a Queen..."

Okay, so it sounds like there's a lot of Queen of Wands wanna be's here. But may I ask, isn't it easy to be a QoW?

Huh if it were easy - we might not be drooling after it! :)

...QoP is the mature QoW. Like she said, "I'm tired of running around. I've done all that already."

Been there, done that and got the T-shirt, that's for sure!

Hey, I like it! Thankyou for this. What an excellent idea it was to join this forum!
(sod my family's 'silent' berating comments. Lol).

Morwenna

I think you have to be a member to post a poll. Am I wrong?

Well, it's Cups I identify with, and Swords to a small extent (the intellectual bit), but I really want to be the Queen of Pents when I grow up! (But can I still have the QoW's black cat?) :D

(FYI: Air Sun, Water Moon, Fire rising, planets all over the place)

Nineveh

What about adding a poll?

Also curious how people's choices match their sign?! I am an air sign, a thinker, which matches up with swords... for most of us.
(Now there are some deck's that flip flop some element associations)

I'm a virgo which matches my choice. I've actually been all quees at some point. Last year it was swords, the year before was wands...haven't been cupsy since my early twenties. :)

danieljuk

here is my boring tarot answer, they all have some value in themselves in the different suits. But moving outside that, I am the Queen of Cups in so many ways and I think the Queen of Pentacles perhaps!

If you said King, I would say the King of Wands. But I wouldn't say the matching Queen for some reason!

Simple

I vote for Queen of Pents here. Queen of Cups and Queen of Swords have been stalking me. I love to be Queen of Wands (another wannabe, :D). So ideally, a mix of all of them. Strong, intelligence QoS, emotional depth of Cups, passion from Wands and patience, practicality from Pents. But if I have to pick one for my home, Q of Pents will be more rounded, nurturing, practical, reliable.