Being enabled by Tarot apps!!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

student of tarot

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Moderator Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callanish View Post
I'd like to see a thread on AT (this one or a new one) where we critique what we like/don't like in the Apps we use (not the deck, the functionality/user experience/usability). What we'd like to see. Questions on what is possible in software and what isn't.
It's up to those who make the Apps to pay attention. I am. I'm ready to listen.
That's a great discussion to have in a separate thread here in Tarot Books & Media.
Top   #21
Resident

Callanish 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
That's a great discussion to have in a separate thread here in Tarot Books & Media.
I'm pleased a moderator thinks so, any chance you could kick one off by splitting off this thread?
That way the thread begins life neutral and without any personal agendas (or perceived agendas).

Callanish
Top   #22
Resident

Callanish 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtictarot View Post
I am not sure if it should be here or not, but with my android tablet, I have bought 3 decks I wouldn't have been able to afford. I have the Bohemian Gothic app

I just look at the lovely decks and go, well, its only £2.59 per app for some tarot goodness and as Bohemian Gothic is out of my price range in the physical deck, the app is a lifeline to this beautiful deck. Bonefire Tarot just is made for my tablet!
I've played with the Bohemian Gothic App a few times since your original post.
What I do like about it is the "Carousel" or "Coverflow" card picker.
I've always gone with the cards spread out in a grid, e.g. 13x6

A new thread where we can discuss ideas, likes and dislikes in digital tarot would be a good place to talk about topics like this.

Since it's a copy of Apple's iTunes "Coverflow" (and looks like it uses the free open source software package "iCarousel" - google that word to see what I'm referring to) I may even consider adding it as an alternative card picker in the "Tarot & Numerology" App.

Of all the features of digital tarot the one most important feature of all, IMHO, is how the cards are selected. This is a topic I'd love to see being discussed. As I've already said, I'm more interested in how we, the Aeclectic Tarot, can help with evolving Tarot in the digital age.

Callanish
Top   #23
Citizen

Bookwight 
Citizen

Iíve definitely been enabled by Tarot apps. I loved the Chrysalis app so much I ended up buying the physical deck, which I adore and use frequently. I will also buy the Hidden Realms and the Victorian Fairy decks (plus a few more, probably) as soon as money allows. (My purse is an echo-chamber just now, so thank goodness for iTunes gift cards. )

Iíd say Iíve also been enabled by apps to spend more time with tarot in general. In fact, they ended a tarot drought for me a couple years ago. Finding Foolís Dog apps made me bring my physical decks out of the closet, where theyíd been languishing for a few years, and start reading with them again. Now, I always have a deck with me, because I have physical decks at home and I always have my phone with me when I'm out. I do daily cards nearly every day now, because itís so easy to do with apps. And my deck collection is not only larger but more diverse now, because tarot apps opened my mind to new deck styles.

I have to say Iím with avalonian about Foolís Dog apps and why I love them (though I use iOS not Android). The idea of scanning a deck into my device just sounds painful to me. Note: TO ME. Obviously I donít speak for others!

Callanish: Iím going to try out Tarot & Numerology. Even though I doubt I'll ever scan my own decks into it, I'm still interested! Sounds cool.
Top   #24
Citizen

seven stars 
Citizen

I would make apps for my decks if I knew how....
Top   #25
Resident

Callanish 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven stars View Post
I would make apps for my decks if I knew how....
That was why I added the "Tarot Deck Creator" feature to my own App ("Tarot & Numerology).
So Artists could do just that.

My App is limited to Apple iOS devices.
If you use Android then UniTarot will let you do the same.

Callanish
Top   #26
Citizen

seven stars 
Citizen

Quote:
That was why I added the "Tarot Deck Creator" feature to my own App ("Tarot & Numerology).
So Artists could do just that.

My App is limited to Apple iOS devices.
If you use Android then UniTarot will let you do the same.

Callanish
whaaaaat? no way! I just got a cricket HTC what is that compatable with?
Top   #27
Citizen

Ace of Stars 
Citizen

Quote:
Show me another developer who is a Tarot Reader too, understands Tarot and uses their Tarot App on a daily basis?
*Puts up hand*
Top   #28
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 
Thursday's Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven stars View Post
whaaaaat? no way! I just got a cricket HTC what is that compatable with?
Anything android based - google playstore is your friend
Top   #29
Resident

Callanish 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Stars View Post
*Puts up hand*
Cool, please chip in on the new thread I've started asking people what they like /don't like / want to see in Digital Tarot (Apps, Websites etc)

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=230072

Callanish
Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.