Marseille differences

Darkmage

I just picked up the Universal Tarot of Marseille from Lo Scarabeo. What are the differences between that and LS's Tarots of Marseille? I have the latter in the mini edition and the former in full size.

I'm wondering if I should get the full size Tarots of Marseille. I like the mini version, but if the only difference between the full size version of that and the Universal is the box, it's not worth it.

Can someone help me out here? They're both Burdel repros but is the text different on the cards? Colours? Other things?

I don't want to drop $20 on a deck I already have, basically.

reall

I advise you to wait for CM *Marseille inspired deck!XD it won't be historical reproduction but modern take tradition and i'm sure guidebook will give us all info about the background and old decks?XD ;))

Darkmage

Who's CM?

And what is this deck you speak of? I'm more interested in the reproductions than modern reinterpretations, though those are fun. Marseille Cats comes to mind there.

I picked up the Universal for less than $10 and it's brand new. Only the inner cellophane missing gave it away as secondhand.

Yves Le Marseillais

Burdel and others

I just picked up the Universal Tarot of Marseille from Lo Scarabeo. What are the differences between that and LS's Tarots of Marseille? I have the latter in the mini edition and the former in full size.

I'm wondering if I should get the full size Tarots of Marseille. I like the mini version, but if the only difference between the full size version of that and the Universal is the box, it's not worth it.

Can someone help me out here? They're both Burdel repros but is the text different on the cards? Colours? Other things?

I don't want to drop $20 on a deck I already have, basically.

Bonjour Darkmage,

If you like historical reproductions, you may make a tour on my website and see what is for exemple a real Claude Burdel tarot deck. And more.
Here:
http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/english/index.html

Salutations from Marseille City Capitale of Tarot

Yves

Attachments

• 3430 RESIZED - Copie.jpg
    3430 RESIZED - Copie.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 275

Darkmage

Those *are* nice. $36 USD a deck is more than I've got atm, though.

Still, no one's answered my question--what are the differences between the Universal Marseille by Lo Scarabeo and the Tarots of Marseille by the same company?

Philippe

I own neither of the decks you are seeking but it seems to me that the Universal has coloured backgrounds for the cards (a bit like the Fournier) whereas the backgound is white in the other Burdel.

3ill.yazi

The universal has colored in backgrounds. The other does not.

I own the universal and the mini of the other one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkmage

Good to know, thanks. I too have the mini deck and am considering the full size one.

Does anyone know if the full size one has the numbers on the bottom of the cards like the Universal does? I read reversals and so this comes in handy.