Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

GD Temple Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Le Mat

Richard 
Le Mat

GD Temple Tarot

New book by Harry and Nicola Wendrich. Looks interesting.
Top   #1
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Interesting indeed. But I would have to be able to afford the deck before I could even begin to think about trying to afford the book. The deck I want, the book will have to wait. The last time I saw the Path of the Serpent illustrated was in Denning and Phillps' Llewellyn book, The Sword and the Serpent; it looked remarkably like the illustration on the cover of this book. But I suppose there are only so many ways to draw a serpent threading its way upward through the sephiroth.
Top   #2
Le Mat

Richard 
Le Mat

This snake on the cover was done a bit carelessly. Usually it is depicted as touching or crossing each of the connecting paths in the exact order in which they are traversed when the ten Rosicrucian/GD degrees (corresponding to the ten Sephiroth) are taken in order from Zelator 1 = 10 to Ipsissimus 10 = 1 (as outlined, for example, in Part Two of Case's minor masterpiece The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order).
Top   #3
Jedi

Zephyros 
Jedi

I wonder why Nick himself didn't write the book. Didn't he create the deck, or does it just follow the system of his order?
Top   #4
Citizen

foolMoon 
Citizen

I could not find it in Amazon. Maybe it is only for sale from the publisher? Maybe only limited copies available too?

The note about Archetypes from the book seems relevant to what I was studying recently.
Top   #5
Le Mat

Richard 
Le Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
I could not find it in Amazon. Maybe it is only for sale from the publisher? Maybe only limited copies available too?

The note about Archetypes from the book seems relevant to what I was studying recently.
http://www.wendricharthouse.com/galleryshop.htm
Top   #6
Citizen

foolMoon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Thanks for the link. As Barleywine says the book seems have allocated chunky part of it discussing about the GD colour scheme based on the GD Temple Tarot deck, and it really would seem shine its full capacities when worked along with the deck.

I too, will try to get hold of the deck first. I saw the deck used for sale in the local occult shop last week. Hope it will still be there.
Top   #7
Le Mat

Richard 
Le Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
Thanks for the link. As Barleywine says the book seems have allocated chunky part of it discussing about the GD colour scheme based on the GD Temple Tarot deck, and it really would seem shine its full capacities when worked along with the deck.

I too, will try to get hold of the deck first. I saw the deck used for sale in the local occult shop last week. Hope it will still be there.
I am interested in the color scheme, because the Golden Dawn was incorrect in assuming that all colors could be mixed from a single choice of red, yellow, and blue. The only three colors that have the theoretical possibility of producing a large gamut of strong colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow, which are used in printing. However, until fairly recently, a good magenta pigment suitable for paints was not known, and the Wendrichs wanted to design the cards as oil paintings. Now several quinacridone colors have been produced which are suitable for magenta pigments, and I assume that this was incorporated into the color scheme for the Tarot deck.

I have the deck, which I think is the very best of all the GD decks artistically. The book is not in my budget yet, but I intend to get it.
Top   #8
Citizen

foolMoon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I am interested in the color scheme, because the Golden Dawn was incorrect in assuming that all colors could be mixed from a single choice of red, yellow, and blue. The only three colors that have the theoretical possibility of producing a large gamut of strong colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow, which are used in printing. However, until fairly recently, a good magenta pigment suitable for paints was not known, and the Wendrichs wanted to design the cards as oil paintings. Now several quinacridone colors have been produced which are suitable for magenta pigments, and I assume that this was incorporated into the color scheme for the Tarot deck.

I have the deck, which I think is the very best of all the GD decks artistically. The book is not in my budget yet, but I intend to get it.
Interesting. I think it had been discussed in other thread under Thoth / GD forum recently. I didn't pay much attention to the discussions at the time due to not having the deck in my collection.

I think my local occult shop still has the deck albeit in used condition for sale, so I will be heading there this week trying to rescue her.
Top   #9
Citizen

foolMoon 
Citizen

Golden Dawn Temple Tarot

Went to the local occult shop, and the deck was there still for sale. I asked the shop keeper if I could have a look at the deck, and she kindly handed it over to me. When I looked into each cards closely, I couldnt believe the beauty of the images and its colourings of each and every card. It is a beautiful deck with aura of inexplicable magical energies.

I had to buy it, so did. Came home and did some readings with the deck. It is reading very well. So thank you for introducing me this deck. I am glad and grateful.

I will try to get the book as well, but with so many books arrived lately from Amazon, and waiting to be read, it is no hurry.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.