Umbrae’s Relationship Spread

Ivy Rhiannon

I was browsing the forums, perfectly innocent until i stumbled across this spread. As soon as I saw it I grabed my cards and did a reading. Ty umbrae great spread by the way!

But I'm starting to get worried, and I think AT is to blame. I am getting a tarot addiction!!! I cannot visit this website without doing a few readings! lol Is it contagious, do you all have it too?

Vilyariel

I browsed back a few pages and saw this fantastic spread! I will definately put it in my notebook for future reference.

congrats on the spread, umbrae!

Saleheim

Great spread but I have some doubts of how to read this. I have a reversed Ace of Swords card as outcome and the other person a Cup 5 upright. Not very positive but the future of the middle column is Ace of Pentacles which is very positive so I am a bit puzzled.

stephen

Trogon said:
Umbrae... this looks like an excellent spread (now that I've finally gotten around to really looking at it... :| ). I am a little curious about one thing you said - "However they also simultaneously represent P-P-F." I don't mean to sound too obtuse... but what is P-P-F?

The answer is Past, Present, Future.

Dancing Bear

Fantastic spread Umbrae
I recently used this spread and it was a very accurate reading. the one stumbling block i did have was interpreting the last and final card.
I used it as though it really was the driving force behind the entire spread. it quitened down the tower which was bottom middle. the last card was 10 Pentacles. The entire spread was extremely positive except the Tower in the likely outcome position.
how do you read the final Card?
Dancing Bear :)

siouxj73

What an awesome spread, thanks for sharing Umbrae!

powdermonkey

When I first came to this forum I found a spread very similar to this one, posted by someone else, which they called a 'relationship dynamics' spread. It was one of the first I'd ever tried and some of the cards made a lot of sense, but I was also confused by the middle cards. Umbrae's explanations of the positions are a lot more in depth than the other post I read, though! So I'm going to go back to my journal entry and try to figure out the weeks-old spread once and for all! And then maybe do another, even though I promised myself I wouldn't do spreads about the person in question anymore. Oh well. Thankyou to whoever bumped this!

Moonbow

Hi aquanesha

To read the Your Readings forum you require 50 posts and 30 days membership, (other than being a subscriber). So you aren't far off that now.

pogo

variation

that was interesting...

I did it this way

xxxxxxxxxxxx 1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 3.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx 4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX 5. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 6. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 7. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 8. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX 9. XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX 10. XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 11. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 12. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 13. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 14. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1. her nature-the way she feels.........2.his nature-way he feels...................
.........................3. his perspective of her ( on top).................................
............................4. her pespective of him (under)................................
5. her needs...................................6. his needs...................................
........................7. conflicts or problems that may conflict with her.............
.............................8. what needs or problems that may conflict for him.....
9. her expectaions / desires................10. his expectations and desires.......
..............................11. conflict of his expectations (on top).....................
.....................................12 conflict of her expectations (underneath)........
.........................................13. weakness or strength fo relationship.........
..........................................14. resolution / outcome...........................

cards can be laid in heart form, but I overlapped the center double row to show the potential conlicts or crossed interests between the two.

was interesting...

I put his card over hers-- because I am more concerned about his potential conflicts -- so think it depends on person reading. Am very concerned about what I see in the other party.

sorry not so good at making outlines... the double row in center also makes it possible to read interrealtioships between levels like a tree of life. How a person's nature influences his needs and desires.