Umbrae’s Relationship Spread

HedgeWych

Looks like a wonderful spread! Just what I've been needing. I'll be trying it out tonight. Hopefully I'm up for the task!

~Vixen

heleneibrahim

Thanks, Umbrae!

I use this spread regularly, about once a week, to follow the progresses, setbacks and return-on-tracks as a thermometer of a new relationship - or not so new though it feels new...
Your spread has certainly reached the hearts of many people - and accurately too: - ))) So many things have become known to me by it... I'll put it to good use.

heleneibrahim

Umbrae

Dancing Bear said:
... the one stumbling block i did have was interpreting the last and final card.
I used it as though it really was the driving force behind the entire spread. it quitened down the tower which was bottom middle. the last card was 10 Pentacles. The entire spread was extremely positive except the Tower in the likely outcome position. how do you read the final Card?
Dancing Bear :)
Sorry, I don't wander in here too often, so excuse the tardyness of my response.

Remember, the Tower is not always a bad card - the tower can explode from within...

Now I follow the Kabalistic attributions where the Tower would equal Ayin (Alef = Le Bateleur, and Tzaddi is not the star :)). Ayin = eye, fountain, spring, self analysis, insight...each of those can bring sudden and complete and unexpected change from within. Ayin also means and/or rules the Meatus (the eye of the penis). Nuff said...stuff to ponder...

:smoker:

Pauline Kilar

Umbrae, this spread was exactly what I was looking for. I did a reading with it here.

LixiPixi

umbrae said:
What we can expect of the relationship (expectations)
The future of the relationship. (Probable reality)

Hi Umbrae - I've just started working with this spread earlier today and as a test run, used my husband and myself as the persons 1 & 2.

I was hit with a lot of court cards in positions that didn't make sense, as well as reversals that had no business being included (as I don't use reversals yet)....LOL! (I know, I know...they're trying to tell me something :p)

Anyway, while I was able to get the grasp of the spread and the amazing combinations comparing rows/columns, etc.....I'm a bit confused with the last two positions as quoted above. How do they differ?

I would think that what we can "expect" and the "future" would be one in the same? Would you be kind enough to clarify the difference between the two positions?

XO!

LP~

Dancing Bear

Umbrae said:
Sorry, I don't wander in here too often, so excuse the tardyness of my response.

Remember, the Tower is not always a bad card - the tower can explode from within...

Now I follow the Kabalistic attributions where the Tower would equal Ayin (Alef = Le Bateleur, and Tzaddi is not the star :)). Ayin = eye, fountain, spring, self analysis, insight...each of those can bring sudden and complete and unexpected change from within. Ayin also means and/or rules the Meatus (the eye of the penis). Nuff said...stuff to ponder...

:smoker:

Thanks Umbrae..
This Spread is magic.. I dont use spreads often but this is one I do ,,,Thanks for sharing ;)

Take Care DB xxx

Delacey

LP- I will try to explain the difference in "expect" and the "future". (As I understand it anyway).

First visualize how the grid is three rows of three accross and then the outcome card in the middle below by itself. The middle row is a meshing of the two people. So the relationship expectations in the middle is what you a couple expect to achieve from the relationship. For instance you may both be expecting long term companionship, or if things were going through a rough patch you both may be expecting pain and hurt.

The outcome card suggusts what is the most likely outcome if you continue on your path. So you could have an expecation of pain and hurt, and the outcome could suggest moving away, working at your issues or a lasting happiness. You could both expect to get married at some point in the future, but that does not mean you actually will in the future.

Does that help?
Delacey

concertina226

Thank you!

Umbrae, your spread is genius - really. After reading the 2 outer columns about myself and my partner, I read the relationship column, and you're right, it really does suddenly magically come into place and it shows how the relationship card affects, influences and the cause-effect interchange between the 2 partners' cards.

Excellent spread that I really recommend to anyone who needs clarity about their relationship.

Lotsa Love,
Concertina :)
xxoo

LixiPixi

Delacey said:
LP- I will try to explain the difference in "expect" and the "future". (As I understand it anyway).

.....The outcome card suggusts what is the most likely outcome if you continue on your path. So you could have an expecation of pain and hurt, and the outcome could suggest moving away, working at your issues or a lasting happiness. You could both expect to get married at some point in the future, but that does not mean you actually will in the future.

Does that help?
Delacey

Absolutely, Delacey - thank you very much! Hopefully, having this posted here in the thread will help others that may find it a bit confusing too. I really appreciate it!

LP~

Delacey

Its no problem. I'm glad that I was able to clarify the positions for you.