"your name" spread

Mimers

I like this because it makes this reading very personal.

Luna, I have never heard of this book. Do you recomend it?

Anyway, I will have to try this spread. Perhaps this weekend.

Mimi

lunalafey

Mimers said:
I like this because it makes this reading very personal.

Luna, I have never heard of this book. Do you recomend it?

very personal yes- part of my amazement, especially when I have 22 cards in my name!

I have had the book for about a week- it addresses reading tarot intuitively and by using a method called Gestalt. This is where the reader asks the sitter questions in regards to the cards and issue being asked about. I think {have not really read it yet} the idea is to have the sitter connect with thier sub-con. and the reader is just a guide.

lunalafey

Re: Confused

SongDeva said:
So, If I were to do "LARA"...

I'd do something like:

LX - AR- AX? With Six cards?

LARA = X-XX-X {for first or middle name}
last name you just add a fifth card and use one card for each position.

lunalafey

lunalafey said:
The middle name is done in the same manner-
the 3 sections representing; obsticals-self-allies.
forgot to mention

middle names- odd number of cards/letters- the self card is always one card.
and with even always only two.

SongDeva

lunalafey said:
I have had the book for about a week- it addresses reading tarot intuitively and by using a method called Gestalt. This is where the reader asks the sitter questions in regards to the cards and issue being asked about. I think {have not really read it yet} the idea is to have the sitter connect with thier sub-con. and the reader is just a guide.

Wow, this is how I read. I mean, not entirely, but especially
when starting off, I'll ask the querent "What's this [card] talking about?
Or in the middle, when we've id'd the situation, and a card comes up with another aspect of it, I'll do the same thing.

Melvis

This is another one of those books that I have but haven't read yet! ;) I like this spread a lot -- I love the personalization it allows.

I also read intuitively, asking lots of questions of the querent. That's why I was trying the Soul Cards Reading experient that Contrascarp was running. I wanted to see how my reading comes out compared to others. It was hard, because I had to stay sort of abstract in my interpretation.

I like asking questions of the querent, because I like the reading to be an interactive process. I want to get the querent very involved so they're not just sitting back and receiving information, but using what I'm giving them to look at their own thoughts and actions. Perhaps they'll be able to recognize patterns of behavior that lead to where they are now, or ways they could change how they look at a problem which would assist them in solving it.

Gee...I suppose I should start looking at this book! At the very least, I'm going to try out this reading! Thanks, Luna! :)

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Aura Wolf

Thanks for the info Luna! The way I did it did seem to work well.

One question: Is there a reason the Self position must contain only 1 or 2 cards?

lunalafey

SELF position-
My thinking is that having one or two cards keeps it very direct & specific. When we read this spread, there is only 'one' aspect of ourselves that is reflected in the reading.

note to the 'intuitive' readers-
from what I am hearing, it sounds very much like Gestalt- except-
the reader does not 'do' the reading at all. What I mean is that we begin to interpret the cards and then ask a question that comes to mind about the card and the situation.
As it is shown in the book, the reader works off of the sitters responses to the card- it is the sitter that takes the image of the card & 'shapes' the reading. The reader is just there to poke in questions

I did a Gestalt search and a few threads came up....

miss_apples

I just did a reading with this spread for myself and posted it in the "Your Readings" forum. Just thought Id mention that here in case anyone interested in the spread wanted to see an example.

Ivy Rhiannon

interesting lunafly...hope this reading is an in depth one. I need a good look indoors!