Reiki Attunements affecting tarot reading?? ....

Sophie

Who talks of stopping one's journey anywhere? But activities, including spiritual actions, also need to be done for their own sake. If you are always doing something for the sake of something else - where will you enjoy the pleasures of life and establish the direct connection with what you are looking for? (assuming you are looking for something! - maybe not: but then it begs the question - why experience anything at all if it is in order to experience something else?)

Just wondering... Tarot and reiki do go well together; but just as we eat salad and steak together or apart, we are enriched by practicing tarot and reiki together or apart. At the same time, it is the sum total of all our spiritual (and secular!) activities that keep us going and transform us...(thinking aloud).

214red

Fudugazi said:
(assuming you are looking for something! - maybe not: but then it begs the question - why experience anything at all if it is in order to experience something else?)

Just wondering... Tarot and reiki do go well together; but just as we eat salad and steak together or apart, we are enriched by practicing tarot and reiki together or apart. At the same time, it is the sum total of all our spiritual (and secular!) activities that keep us going and transform us...(thinking aloud).
well to answer your question i am looking for something, what it is i dont know...life is about the journey!

i like your quote about transformation! i am simply soaking up what i can and trying to find my own path, and i like variety and knowledge

choirqueer

I started my Reiki journey right around the same time as I started my Tarot journey...or, more accurately, I started my Reiki journey around the same time as I got back on my Tarot journey, when I was in this really intense process of rediscovering my spiritual self and finding which ways of tapping into that I was most drawn to. So I don't know that I could say with any certainty that my Reiki attunements impacted my Tarot reading (I'm level 2, probably going for level 3 this fall!)...but more that just being at the point of self-discovery that I was on meant that I was drawn both to Reiki and Tarot at the same time, as tools to enhance the intuitive/spiritual powers I finally admitted to myself that I had, and for connecting/sharing them with other people.

Logiatrix

Fudugazi said:
I love Reiki, and certainly will say that being attuned (level 2) changed my life, but I haven't noticed any difference in my tarot reading. It all depends where you are starting from, I suppose. What it has helped me do is become centred more quickly, which helps me get into the zone more quickly for a whole range of activities, including tarot. There are other ways of getting there, however. I think Reiki ought to be practiced for its own sake - it needs no other reason.
I agree, to a certain extent.;)

"Reiki ought to be practiced for its own sake", yes...but in my experience, it is also connected to the greater journey. It was tarot that helped me realize I needed Reiki, as soon as I decided that I wanted to share tarot with others. I felt that I needed to work on my own stuff, if I intended to guide others with the cards. It seemed like out of nowhere Reiki presented itself to me. I knew it was right, because I had that feeling - no hesitation, no question; it was just right.:)

Tarot's role in all of it was as a catalyst, to help me realize that I needed to heal parts of my personal journey, before I could guide anyone else on their journey. Reiki provides me with a balanced path in all my endeavors, including tarot.:heart:

Empath111

I think improved spirituality and opening of gifts is a benefit of reiki - a bonus you might say.

I chose to do it because I am in a healing field and I was getting completely ungrounded. Reiki has helped open the channels and cleanse myself - thus I am better able to ground and give a better treatment session - or treat more.

It was a wonderful benefit of reiki:) It has enhanced my work and my abilities. Again, the cleanse for me personally is tough:) Maybe some of us have more cleaning that is needed than others-LOL

Empath111

Logiatrix said:
Tarot's role in all of it was as a catalyst, to help me realize that I needed to heal parts of my personal journey, before I could guide anyone else on their journey. Reiki provides me with a balanced path in all my endeavors, including tarot.:heart:
Yes!! perfect - me too:) I agree:heart:

214red

I am glad i started this thread now, its been nice to hear about peoples experiences not directly on the tarot theme...hope it continues as reading all of this has helped me

214red

quick question folks, i have been feeling nausious since my reiki attunement, i feel like i have a permanent hangover when i have not been drinking the night before.

did anyone suffer in the same way? if so what i can i do to stop it?

Radhemily

I didn't have that, but I know others who did. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It will be worth it in the end *hugs*.

Try some ginger tea (my first choice) or peppermint tea. That might help you some.

Empath111

214red said:
quick question folks, i have been feeling nausious since my reiki attunement, i feel like i have a permanent hangover when i have not been drinking the night before.

did anyone suffer in the same way? if so what i can i do to stop it?
I didn't either, but let me ask...is that something you tend to have as a weaker area, your stomach?

Things that I have had problems with on/off in my life seem to be coming to a head during my cleanse....