The Hanged Man ~ Wizard's Tarot

hopena

I wasn't sure about buying this deck - especially since I barely use those I have - but I saw this card on the box, and wanted it. Partially because the man reminds me of Mad-Eye, from the Harry Potter movies.

I like the setting: an office, with a window that looks to be stained glass, decorated with rune symbols. a man with long, shaggy grey hair and a beard, a long coat, trousers, boots and an eye patch, sits in a chair with two crows (one perched on his foot, the other on his right knee). A quill pen and some books sit on a small table next to him, and the painting on the wall, upside down, is of the card image. :)

I'm not sure what else to add, considering there is so much in the book, and we can only quote a small portion. I liked this part:

• Most tarot readers are used to seeing the Hanged Man upside-down. In the Wizard's tarot, however, the Hanged Man has turned his life around. He's an upstanding citizen, and he's sharing his wisdom with a new generation of mystics.
  • The professor of runes has two ravens: Hugin and Munin, who are named for Odin's messenger birds.
  • The Hanged Man card is associated with Neptune, the planet of illusion. The glyph for Neptune, a trident, is hanging on the wall.

I find it interesting that I was in a Hanged Man year, last year, and I made my own set of runes last September (followed by a better set this Spring). I also wish that I'd worked with this deck more right after I bought it (as I wish with all of the decks I own - I'm too scattered).

hunter

I just love that this hanged man has turned his LIFE around, instead of his BODY. I picked this card this morning before I ran out the door and it was so fitting. I really like this hanged man better than ANY others I have used in the past.