The Next Step for my Book ???

How would you like TB's OOP book to be reincarnated?

• Convince a new publisher to print it.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I like to turn paper pages; please POD it for me.

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Electronic format; Kindle, Nook, etc. works for me.

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters

swedishfish612

Yeah, as a buyer the price discrepancies always confuse me. Does the seller know something I don't know, or are they just hoping we're nuts enough to pay that much? lol

ETA- And you're welcome, tarotbear! I'm sure this book will be a great resource for me, so thank YOU!

toj

I have had your book for years....got it brand new.

tarotbear

It's alive !!!

Yes ~ I started my self-publishing career on Friday the 13th (for real) now that I have been through so much ~

IT'S ALIVE! ALIVE, I TELL YOU!

I will put a notice up in the Advertizements section.

Some info:

The reprint of 'It's All in The Cards' has three versions: a 6 x 9 Reference version (same size as my original release), an 8.5 x 11 Workbook version, and a Kindle version. It is illustrated with The Aquatic Tarot, so if you wanted to see my hand-drawn Tarot card illustrations you will have to wait until next week when I probably can release 'Every Man's Tarot: Tarot and the Male Experience.'

They should be up and running, but you may be surprised how long something can take to update in a system! Everything is available from amazon.com and also amazon.co.uk .

www.amazon.com/author/johnmangiapane

swedishfish612

Congrats! I know you must be thrilled!

Now I have to think about which version I'd like...hmm... :)

Mallah

Absolutely Awesome. I've just been over @ Amazon looking. I see the workbook, the kindle, and your first edition...but no 6x9 yet. I'll probably get the kindle, tho. How exciting. So, what, they just print these up when somebody orders one? And you still get to sell them for a reasonable price. That's great. Bold new world.

tarotbear

Absolutely Awesome. I've just been over @ Amazon looking. I see the workbook, the kindle, and your first edition...but no 6x9 yet. I'll probably get the kindle, tho. How exciting. So, what, they just print these up when somebody orders one? And you still get to sell them for a reasonable price. That's great. Bold new world.

Good to see you, Hal!

Yes - the Kindle version is an immediate D/L - I saw the Kindle version for real - not quite the same but it looks good!

The others are a POD book, and yes - you order it and they print it up and send it to you in 48 hours. You might try typing the ISBN or AISN number for the reference edition into amazon and see what it does. I changed the covers yesterday - so things may still be updating. If not, I'll call customer service and get that changed.

And thank you for your interest!

garmonbozia

Does the workbook version contain all of the text found in the reference version? Is the only difference the extra space for note-taking?

I have your original book, but am tempted to get the workbook version of this addition as well. Could be very useful.

tarotbear

Does the workbook version contain all of the text found in the reference version? Is the only difference the extra space for note-taking?

I have your original book, but am tempted to get the workbook version of this addition as well. Could be very useful.

Both books have the exact same texts - and bad jokes. The image of the card is 4 inches tall in the workbook (2.5" in the Reference) and there are larger margins to go with the larger 8.5 x 11" size. So the workbook edition gives you more room to scribble your own notes.

Both books were formatted so the Image is on the Left page and the texts flow down and across to the Right page, so all the card info (except for a couple where I had a lot to say) for that card is displayed right in front of you without flipping the page.

danieljuk

well done John! you got it out there!

I started using AT after the original book was released and really wanted to buy it after reading about it here. I got it for Amazon UK for about $10 from a book seller a few months ago. But some of the other prices were insane! and you wonder how much money does actually get to you!

same problem as swedishfish612, I don't know which I am going to buy, but thinking of the workbook version :)

just had a look on Amazon UK, a few sellers still have your old book and there is the new editions and the Kindle version is new but has the old cover image but says published 2012.

good luck with it!

tarotbear

... Amazon UK, a few sellers still have your old book and there is the new editions and the Kindle version is new but has the old cover image but says published 2012.

Yes, that confuses me, too! Which is one of the reasons I originally thought about changing the title on the reprint slightly...but didn't!

As long as the original 2004 version with the four colors and the Tarot cards on the cover is still available somewhere - Amazon will have an ad for it. I would expect that when people see the outrageous prices some people are asking that they scroll down the page! Why they connected the Kindle version to that version I just don't know.

The Kindle version still has the original 'orange' cover with the blurry lettering. i think I am going to leave that alone to differenciate the Kindle version.

The Reference & Workbook editions had the orange cover but I replaced it with the nice mountainscape covers - that pic may or may not be updated - which confuses the issue another step! Hopefully when all the approvals are met and finalized the thumbnails of the covers will display the correct covers.